Four

The Deal

•••

Brooklyn.
Moments later...

Brick is waiting for Dante to finish his cigarette and join him in the limo.

Once Dante gets inside, he finds someone from his past. Crystal Powers, a tall, thin woman with dirty blonde hair and the most seductive face the world has ever known.
Brick makes Dante sit besides her, much to his dismay...

"So what am I doing here Brick?", Dante asks with an annoyed look in his eyes.

"Crystal is at top of the modeling world, also she is your new liaison."

Dante turns to Crystal, who smiles at him. She puts a cigarette in her mouth and asks Dante for some light.

"Brick, I don't want to be in a skam."

"I don't care Dante. We have to keep you on top. This is an easy way. You two can fuck or do others, I don't care."

Dante looks outside of the limo. They are officially departing Brooklyn.
Unfortunately for him, life in Manhattan won't be full of rainbows.

"Now listen. I have some photographers waiting outside of your building. By tomorrow both of your careers will explode. Don't disappoint me!"

•••

40 minutes later they depart from the limo, the photographers start taking pictures and Crystal tries to sell their relationship in the best possible way. Dante feels uneasy with the whole situation. But everything will be worse tomorrow, when the only people that he likes spending time with, will belive that he is a total douche.

They manage with the help of security to walk quickly inside the building. They arrive at the penthouse minutes later. Crystal throws her heels the moment they walk inside.

She goes to the mini bar and gives herself a nice glass of vodka.
On the other side, Dante goes at the window and looks outside. He can see the whole city from there. However there is only one place that he wants to look at. Brooklyn.

Crystal walks from behind him and starts touching him...

"Let me breath Goddammit! What's wrong with you? How can you be OK!", Dante says furious.

Crystal turns around, finishes her drink and then looks again back at Dante...

"Who said I'm fine? Dante, I'm a model, who is nearing her 27th birthday. In three years I will be put into retirement. I have to accept that in order to stay where I am today, I have to make some difficult decisions."

"Crystal, you know better than anyone that you and I are never truly happening."

"Of course. That night destroyed any chance we had at a relationship forever.", she responds with sadness.