Chapter 17-Over it

The next morning
It was finally time for my mom to get home from the hospital today. I got out the bed and it was about 10 o'clock in the morning and Chad was still knocked out sleep.
I was going to let him drop me off and I'll catch a Uber home because I wasn't ready for mom to meet Chad.

"Chad wake up" I said as I tapped him
"Ahhh shit! What time it is?" He asked as he yawned with his eyes still slightly closed
"It's 10:18" I told him
"Shit! You ready?"
"Yeah I just have to fix my hair"
"Alright wake me up when you done with that" he turned over and was about to go back to sleep but I jumped on him
"Chad! Wake up baby, we have to goooooo"
"Alright Ima get up"
He got out the bed and started to get dressed.
He just threw on a hoodie, some sweats and some slides.
Dick appointment ready.
"Alright lets go"

"You want to get something to eat before we get there?" He asked me
"Nah I'm okay, I'll just eat when I get home"
"Alright"
We made our way to the hospital and as always he waited in the waiting room and I went into the room.
"Hey mom, you ready to go?" I asked her
"Yup, I just have to wait for these people to bring me these damn discharge papers"
"Oh okay, well I'm going to go down to the cafeteria to go eat something and I'll come back and wait with you" I lied and said
"Okay dear"
I walked out the room and told Chad that he can go home because I was going to stay with my mom until they released her.
"I thought I was taking y'all home" he said
"No, I'm taking a Uber home"
"Taking a Uber for what if I gotta whole car"
I knew where this was going.
"Chad, my mom doesn't know anything about you! I'm not ready to tell her about you yet either, besides what does that look like. You're way older than me, I need to give her time to adjust to you. I have to mention you first and work my way around telling her your age"
"Bruh! I'm older than you and everybody know that already. I don't understand you bro! You want me to let people know that I'm fucking you but you scared to tell your momma bout us. I been fucking with you for a long little minute and you still ain't tell her about me? That shit weird to me bruh!"
"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!? IM FUCKING 18 AND I LIVE IN HER HOUSE! THEN ON TOP OF ALL THAT HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO TELL HER HOW I MET YOU!? "YEAH MOM I WAS STRIPPING AND I MET THIS GUY WHO'S WAY OLDER THAN ME"? WHAT DOES THAT LOOK LIKE! ALL IM ASKING IS THAT YOU BE PATIENT AND GIVE ME TIME...THAT'S FUCKING IT!"
"Yo watch your fucking tone when talking to me because I ain't even come at you sideways the way I wanted to! And a nigga not trying to hear allat stupid lil kid shit! You want me to make it known you my girl but you want to keep me as your little secret. I'm not with allat high school shit bruh...you mad childish and I should've known that before fucking with you...I'm gone."

I just shook my head and watched him walk away from me, it was such a shame. All I wanted was him to be patient and wait till I tell my mom about what was going on between us...how was that childish? He just wanted any reason to say something like that because he's upset about something that little.
I'm glad he didn't hit me though, maybe because it was a public place. I was kind of hurt that he walked off on me though but I didn't pay his little boy act any attention because that was unnecessary. I was the childish one but he was over here walking off like he Gravity or something, I can't believe he pulled that girly ass act like that.
I made my way back to the hospital room and went to just chill with my mom.

"I'm back, you needed anything? I'm sorry I didn't ask before" I said to her as I walked into the room
"No that's fine, I'm okay I'm just ready to get out of here"
"Yeah I know you are, but what do you plan on doing after you get out of the hospital?"
"I want to go the beach, that's all I've been thinking about it for the last couple of days. I got this cancer and it literally was my life, just eating, sleeping, taking medication and watching tv like I'm some zombie just got old so fast. Before I got sick I used to be outgoing you know? I missed being a mother to you, it ate me up everyday to see you step up to the plate to take care of me when you had so many things that you could've been doing. Living life as an teenager, that's why I let you have so much freedom because it wasn't fair to you. No young girl should have the responsibility of taking care of their mother like you did for me. That's why children need both parents and I'm sorry that you had to go through all that but I promise the storm is over now and that you don't have to suffer like you did"
"Mom it wasn't no problem taking care of you. I enjoyed every bit of it because just the thought of being able to be there for you was incredible. I love you to the moon and back and no matter what happens to you I'll always be right by your side. I'm living proof that children don't need two parents because I've got your back and I know you've got mine"
"I love you too Ali, you're such a gift. I'm so grateful and lucky to have you as my daughter"
"I'm lucky too but why the beach out of all places?" I asked her
"Because I haven't been in a long time, it's been years. I remember when I was younger, I had just found out that I was pregnant with you and I haven't told your father yet because I was scared. I recently told my parents that I was pregnant that day and they were fighting about it and I didn't want to be around all that. So I called your father and he came to come get me and for some strange reason he took me to the beach and Ali I had the time of my life. Eventually I told your dad about you and he just disappeared into thin air...never heard from again. After he walked out on us I wouldn't dare go near a beach again all because of If i went out there I would probably be reminded of your father. I loved him so much and he didn't understand or see that, he treated me like shit but I still saw the good in him all because I wanted him to be something he wasn't. I was so hurt for many years but I soon realized that, that wasn't love but pain that I kept inside of me because I didn't get that type of love from my parents. My parents were there but it didn't feel like they loved me so I went looking for it and let me tell you something Ali, you can't find love it just won't happen. I found your father and I liked him so much when we met and he was way older than I was and that made me like him even more. My reason for going to the beach is because I let all that hurt go and I can't let what happened in my past affect my future. That's why I tell you to stay away from older boys because honestly they mean no good. Date within your age range so you two can grow with each other because older dudes are hard to deal with"