Stage 2: Jimin

A/N

Feel free to leave me comments! I'm curious as to who y'all think the killer is!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin had wanted to get started as quickly as possible. He turned to Woozi, noticing that Woozi's attention was already directed towards him. He only met the man once, the height difference making his presence less intimidating.

"Your name is Woozi, right?" Jimin wanted to start quickly but wanted to see where Woozi was with communicating.

"Yeah. That's me. I told you and your boyfriend when dinner was." Woozi remained very expressionless, his blank face somewhat unwelcoming.

"Thanks for that! So, can we get started on this note?" Jimin wanted to try talking more, but he knew he was on a time crunch and needed to hurry.

"Sure." Woozi pulled an envelope out of his pant's pocket. He handed it over to Jimin, bowing after Jimin had taken it.

The bow had set Jimin aback. He didn't expect the butler to be so formal. In his defense, he was doing this to save his life as well as Jungkook's, so he wasn't expecting anything this formal. Before he could dwell on it too long, he opened the envelope quickly.

The note had looked worn out with old-styled writing. He read it carefully as Woozi waited patiently, his attention fully on Jimin.

It seems you've chosen Woozi. This could either help you or hurt you. Your first destination is in the welcoming room. There, you will find the next note. Good luck. You may need it.

Jimin looked up at Woozi, not sure what to do next. He read over the note one more time before looking up, noticing that almost everyone was still in the room with their respective staff member. He looked back at Woozi to be met with the butler's eyes. Even his boyfriend didn't give him this much attention, and it made him uncomfortable.

"Ummm ... it says to go to the welcoming room. I – I'm not sure what that means. Can you take me there?" Jimin was stuttering, very uncomfortable with the butler's eyes boring into him.

"Yeah. Follow me." With that, Woozi started walking away.

Jimin looked around the room one more time before following Woozi. Taehyung looked like he was pouting, but Jimin was more concerned about looking for Jungkook. Once he found his boyfriend, it looked like him and Sana were almost ready to head out. He smiled before jogging to catch up to Woozi.

Once he caught up with Woozi, he was curious as to why Woozi was walking. Jimin wasn't sure if he was aware of the time limit. Before Jimin could ask him to go faster, Woozi stopped in his tracks and turned towards Jimin.

"We're here." Woozi bowed again before returning his attention back to Jimin.

Jimin looked around before he noticed something interesting about where they were.

"But ... this is the front door of the house." Jimin was somewhat confused, looking to Woozi for answers.

"Yes. This is where we welcome guests. The welcoming room."

Jimin took a relaxed breath as it all made sense. He looked around the room, briefly noticing everyone's coats hanging up. He took one more glance before talking again.

"The note said that the next note would be in this room somewhere. Can you help me look?"

"As you wish." Woozi looked around lazily, not doing much other than walking around and looking. Woozi seemed more concerned with following Jimin's commands than having fun himself.

Jimin walked around a bit before he became curious. He looked at the front door as a way to escape. While Woozi was still walking around at the opposite side of the room, Jimin grabbed the front door's doorknob and tried turning it.

"It's locked, so don't even try. You'll just waste your energy." Woozi somehow seemed to teleport across the room, now beside Jimin.

"Oh. Okay, sorry." Jimin seemed scared of Woozi, not helping the fact that they still didn't have any idea where the next note was. "Can you do something for me?"

"Of course. What do you need?" Woozi bowed after speaking. Jimin assumed this was what the butler was trained to do.

"Can you lighten up please? I'm not a child. I don't need you watching me everywhere I go. And I want you to help me look for this note, not just look with your eyes. Pick things up, move things. I just want to get to the next step." Jimin had closed his eyes and looked at the ground, unsure of how Woozi would react.

Woozi stared at Jimin differently this time, almost as if in disbelief. He looked to the ground as well and started laughing as if he were a child.

"Thank goodness. Man, I hate being this uptight all the time."

It was Jimin's turn to be in disbelief. He finally heard some animation in Woozi's voice, his smile reminding him of a cat.

"Then why do you act that way if you hate it?"

"It's my job. Every master I've had has asked me to act this way."

"Even Hoseok? It doesn't seem likely of him."

"Not Hoseok but his father. So, I made sure to always watch over Hoseok. But, now that he's gone, I'm doing my duty and looking after you. Sorry if it was overbearing."

Jimin nodded as if accepting the apology, but the fact that Hoseok was gone hadn't quite sunken in yet. He spoke up before allowing himself to cry.

"So, can you help me look please?"

"Yeah sure. Let's go,"

After getting over that obstacle, their progress in the welcoming room was very quick. Both Jimin and Woozi were throwing things everywhere, trying to go as fast as they could. It only took about a minute before Woozi thought he was on to something.

"Hey, Jimin, right?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"Can you come over here for a second?"

Jimin wasn't used to hearing Woozi talk like this, but he walked over to Woozi, frustrated that he had yet to find the note.

"Do you think this is it?"

Woozi was pointing to a pile of mail. Jimin didn't see anything special other than a couple magazines and letters that obviously contained bills that needed to be paid.

"What? All I see is a bunch of mail."

"Not the mail. Do you think the letter could be somewhere in this mess of mail. I thought it'd be easier if we sorted it together."

"Yeah, you're right. Let's get started."

With that, they both split up the large pile of mail, looking through everything thoroughly. They both didn't want to miss anything. After about a minute, Jimin was about to give up, still frustrated at the time he was losing.

"Found it!"

Jimin turned his head quickly, seeing an envelope in Woozi's hand. Before he could think, he pulled Woozi into a hug.

"Not to be rude, but this is the first time I've heard you sound so excited." Jimin laughed at Woozi's excitement, the butler now looking like a little kid.

"I haven't been able to have fun in a long time." Woozi handed the envelope over to Jimin. He was also curious as to what was inside.

At that moment, Jimin had realized what the original note had meant. If he hadn't asked Woozi to let down his guard and help, having Woozi as his staff member would have been detrimental. But after gaining his help, having Woozi was truly an advantage.

"Well, I couldn't have done it without you." He pulled Woozi in for one last hug before looking back at him. "Now, let's find out what's in the next envelope."

And with that, Jimin ripped it open.