Stage 4: Namjoon

Namjoon had actually missed Hyuna say "three." He was so deep in his own head that the only thing that made him snap out of it was the running footsteps of everyone else. He quickly shook his head and began running towards the bathroom.

"Fuck." Namjoon felt frustrated with himself, so much on his mind that he was already behind the others. Luckily enough, his assigned room was the bathroom on the first floor, a very convenient spot.

Once he reached the bathroom door, he noticed a figure that he remembered from a previous stage.

"Sewoon? What are you doing here?" Namjoon seemed generally surprised, not expecting any help from the staff during this stage. However, if it meant him completing the task and helping Jin, he wouldn't mind the extra help.

"Nothing. Just ... watching." Sewoon kept looking at Namjoon, causing the man to shy away and turn towards the bathroom door. Just as he turned the knob and opened the door slightly, Sewoon spoke up.

"Is it you?"

Those three words caused Namjoon to freeze in his place. Since he didn't move, Sewoon continued.

"I'm trying to figure out who the killer is before it's too late. For Hoseok."

The mention of Hoseok's name seemed to open up a wound that Namjoon was trying to close. Namjoon took a deep breath, trying to collect himself before responding. If he was on Sewoon's radar as the killer, he was sure that the other staff members were thinking something similar. He was afraid that he'd be accused.

"Hoseok's dead. I'm sorry, but that's how it is." Namjoon's voice was cold, his face still positioned towards the door. Sewoon thought he heard a sniffle, but the sound wasn't clear enough. Sewoon was about to speak up again, but Namjoon spoke first.

"Now if you don't mind, I have a stage to win. My boyfriend needs me. He's still alive, and I plan on keeping it that way." Namjoon looked back at Sewoon for a second, and Sewoon noticed the tears brimming at Namjoon's eyes.

Sewoon sighed but backed off, moving away from the bathroom door. Without saying anything, Sewoon made his way towards the living room where Hyuna and the chests would be.

After Sewoon had moved away, Namjoon created a loud sigh. He quickly tried de-stressing himself as he knew he was on a time crunch. He quickly opened the door to find a clean and neat bathroom and a note on the sink counter. The sight of a note made him freeze in his tracks.

He approached the sink slowly, scared of what the note would read. He tried staying calm, but his palms started to get sweaty. Once he reached the sink, he closed his eyes. He took another deep breath. He laughed slightly at himself.

Jin had always been the one to tell him to breathe, especially when he was stressed. The only difference was that Jin wasn't here to hold his hand. Namjoon was missing his boyfriend more and more as the seconds passed. He wished he could help his boyfriend, opening his eyes in hopes that he could finish this search quickly and help him.

What Namjoon saw on the note gave him a sigh of relief but also scared him to his core.

Hello, Namjoon, assuming you've made it this far. I've decided to make this very easy for you. I don't know why, but take this help as a gift. I bet you're wondering who I am, but that unfortunately must stay a secret. For now, let me tell you that your numbers are 4-5-1-4 in that order. Now, run back to the chests and finish this stage. I have a feeling it's going to end with a surprising bang. Good luck making it out alive.

~~ Killer