Stage 6: Finale

Namjoon was still mortified by what had happened moments ago. He moved at a quick pace, trying to get to the living room as fast as he could. He didn't know what to expect. Would he see Taehyung and Yoongi? Only one of them? Neither of them?

The stress started to eat at him, passing the dining room to get to the living room. Once he got a couple feet from the living room, he stopped in his tracks. He could hear someone in there, but he couldn't see who it was. He took a deep breath before walking in slowly, ready to fight if needed.

Once he entered, he noticed another boy that he recognized right away.

"Taehyung?"

Namjoon was in disbelief, not seeing Yoongi anywhere in sight. Knowing that Yoongi couldn't walk, Namjoom knew what this meant. Taehyung's hands and forearms were covered in blood but so were his. After trying to press on Jungkook's wound, he forgot about all the blood on his hands.

"Hey." Taehyung had noticed Namjoon's state as well, not seeing Jungkook around. "He ... He didn't make it, did he?" Taehyung seemed emotionally void, as if he couldn't process anything correctly right now.

Namjoon sighed. The last thing he wanted to do was relive what had just happened. "No, he didn't."

The room became eerily silent. Both men stayed at opposite sides of the living room, not wanting to talk about what they both just went through. Namjoon knew that Taehyung lost his boyfriend, and knowing what that feels like, he didn't want to press the younger man anymore than needed. Taehyung also knew that Namjoon probably watched Jungkook die in front of him, not wanting Namjoon to talk about his experience either.

"I'm sorry."

Taehyung was surprised to hear Namjoon say those words. He had no reason to say sorry, but Taehyung could feel the tears welling in his eyes.

Before Namjoon knew it, Taehyung was hugging him tightly. Taehyung's head was pressed into Namjoon's shoulder, crying now audible. Before Namjoon knew it, he was crying too. Namjoon reciprocated the hug, holding onto Taehyung almost as tight as he was. They were now the only ones left.

Before they knew it, Namjoon's shoulder was wet from Taehyung's tears, his crying now down to sniffling. Namjoon didn't want to let go of Taehyung, afraid that letting go would mean losing the only person he had left. Taehyung hesitantly let go, wiping his eyes and nose slightly before speaking up.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to cry like that." Taehyung kept wiping his leftover tears, still sniffling slightly.

"I think we both needed it. And don't be sorry. I can't imagine what you went through." Namjoon tried to calm himself down, knowing how much emotional pain Taehyung must be in.

"I was told to come here. What about you?"

"Same here." Namjoon was hoping that they could both get out of this house alive, but he wasn't sure of their chances.

"What do you think is left?" Taehyung put his hand in his pant's pocket, remembering that he still had Yoongi's car keys. Once Namjoon heard the rattling of the keys, Namjoon checked his shirt pocket to realize that Jin's car keys were still there as well.

"I don't know. But it looks like all we need is the house key to get out of here. We have our car keys but no way to get to the cars."

Namjoon looked as if he was in deep thought. He knew they didn't have much time, but he had no idea on how to get outside.

"Who even has doors that lock from the inside?" Taehyung was thinking out loud, only whispering. However, something caught Namjoon's attention.

"Say that again."