Epilogue

A/N

THIS IS IT!!! This is the epilogue explaining motives behind everything as well as how everything went down. I put it into story form but also made a bulleted list together at the end to make it shorter and more concise.

As a TRIGGER WARNING for this chapter, there is mention of suicide, so if you'd like, comment below and I can send you a version on twitter, or tumblr, or something without that part in it! :)

So, without further ado, here's the epilogue. Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung is still driving the car, Hoseok now moved up to the front seat. They had stopped somewhere for gas, allowing Hoseok to grab a couple snacks for the road trip.

"Where are we going?" Hoseok said this with a couple chips in his mouth, causing the words to come out mumbled.

"You know. Don't act dumb." Taehyung had a straight face, his tone coming off harsh.

"Are you really going to do this again? Is it really worth it to you?" Hoseok set his chips back in the plastic bag from the gas station. He now turned towards Taehyung, giving him his undivided attention.

"Yes." Taehyung kept his response short, still focusing on the road as the sun started to peak out from the horizon. "And we're running out of time."

"I know. I know. We have to get there before sunrise. Blah blah blah."

Hoseok grabbed a candy bar from the bag, offering some to Taehyung only to have him turn it down. After eating about half of it, Hoseok spoke up again.

"I don't see why you keep trying. Maybe the universe is just telling you that it's impossible."

"But I was so close, hyung. I know it's possible. I just ... I need to figure out how." Taehyung's grip on the steering wheel tightened.

"This will be your fourth time. I think it's enough." Hoseok's voice became quieter, showing more concern than anything.

"I still failed what I set out to do each time. I need to make things right."

Taehyung kept his eyes on the road as Hoseok sighed. Hoseok knew he couldn't change Taehyung's mind. He'd tried now three times before, but Taehyung was set on one thing. Hoseok knew he wouldn't give up until he succeeded.

--------------------- FLASHBACK -----------------------

"So, I see you're back. Did you fail again?" Hoseok looked at Taehyung who seemed to be breathing heavily. After catching his breath, Taehyung responded.

"Yeah. I ... I need to get this right." Taehyung was frustrated, slamming his fist on Hoseok's dining room table.

"Then let's make a plan."

Hoseok smiled as he had done the last time Taehyung had failed the mission he had set out to accomplish. Hoseok had Minghao grab them some lunch while they thought of some ideas.

"You know that this is unpredictable. Even if we work together, anything can happen. I can't save him." Hoseok looked at Taehyung as Minghao brought in the lunch.

"I know. I have to. But every time ..." Taehyung paused, thinking back to all his failed attempts. "Every time, something happens, and I lose him."

"You know that both of you can't make it out, right?" Hoseok took a sip of his drink as he looked at Taehyung.

"I know."