Stage 4: Yoongi

Yoongi held onto Taehyung, trying to make it as easy on the younger boy as he could. His spine and tailbone area was still in a tremendous amount of pain, but he pushed it away to not alarm Taehyung. Hyuna was counting down, but it was as if Yoongi was tuning her out. He was more focused on his boyfriend. Yoongi looked up at his strong jawline and noticed Taehyung's extreme focus.

From Yoongi's perspective, Taehyung was never really the type of person to focus strongly on one thing. His mind was a mixture of ideas and actions, and usually he came off as a type of alien from a planet far far away. But that's what attracted Yoongi to him in the first place.

Before Yoongi knew it, Taehyung was running. Hyuna must have counted down already. Yoongi held onto Taehyung's arms as best he could, looking ahead of them as the stairs approached. Yoongi knew they'd be the only group going up stairs, but he still felt bad for Taehyung. He wished he could be of more help to his boyfriend at a time like this when their lives were on the line.

They reached the stairs, and Taehyung took a deep breath. Yoongi became increasingly worried, knowing that Yoongi's weight was going to slow Taehyung down. Taehyung never looked at him. Before Yoongi could speak up, Taehyung began running up the stairs, skipping some along the way.

He got about halfway up the stairs when Taehyung stopped. He was panting a bit, and Yoongi became increasingly worried. He didn't want to be a burden, so he put his hands on Taehyung's shoulders and began squirming to get out of his boyfriend's hold.

"Taehyung, put me down." Yoongi continued to move his upper body in an attempt to get out of his boyfriend's hold, but Taehyung kept a firm grip. "You need to rest."

Taehyung's head was looking down at this point, using some effort to keep Yoongi in his hold.

"I'm not ... letting you ... go."

Yoongi froze at Taehyung's words, stunned by his boyfriend's tone. Taehyung had never sounded that serious before, at least not that he could remember. Before he knew it, Taehyung kept climbing the stairs. Yoongi was hoping Taehyung would look at him and see how worried he was, but Taehyung kept looking forward. Yoongi became increasingly worried as his boyfriend's breathing became more erratic.

Once they reached the top of the stairs, Taehyung stopped. His breathing was starting to get back to normal. Even so, Yoongi started to feel like a nuisance.

You're useless. Your boyfriend's risking his life for you. Worthless. You shouldn't even be here. He hates you. You're weighing him down. Get lost.

Yoongi didn't even realize he was crying until it was too late, his thoughts still circling in his head. Before Taehyung could notice him, he pulled his head into his boyfriend's neck. He was using all his will not to sniffle. Instead, he said something that he felt he should have said a while ago.

"I'm sorry."

Yoongi noticed Taheyung's breathing stop. He was expecting Taehyung to drop him, but instead, he felt his lips on his forehead. Surprised, Yoongi looked up at his boyfriend, tears still abundant in his eyes. Once he saw Taehyung's face, he hid his face back in his boyfriend's neck.

He felt like an utter disappointment, letting Taehyung down step after step. He felt Taehyung moving around and was shocked to feel his boyfriend's hand on his chin. Yoongi was still sniffling, but Taehyung still brought their faces closer until there was no gap.

The kiss was calming, causing his sniffles to disappear. He was perfectly content but craved more affection. He needed the affection his mind had been neglecting him this whole trip, this whole relationship. His mind always told him how much he didn't deserve Taehyung, and it was moments like this where he started to believe it.