nine²: the bond between two

Note: underlined and italicized text is to indicate that text is being read or spoken in English.

—•

"Good morning," Jeongguk said coming into the office with a gift bag in hand. As soon as he entered, his colleagues looked at him with worried eyes.

"What?" Jeongguk asked and looked around and noticed everyone on the phone except for Chaeyoung.

"Have seen the news yet? Or checked your SNS?" Chaeyoung asked him and Jeongguk shook his head.

"Search up Mr. Kim's name," Jisoo instructed.

Jeongguk set his gift that he'd prepared for Sohye down and pulled out his phone. He opened his search engine and quickly typed in Taehyung's name. His eyes widened as he read the titles.

Former Lee's Model and current Director at Lee's, Kim Taehyung is reportedly dating his secretary

Jeongguk dropped his bag and rushed to his other office and saw Sohye and Taehyung standing in the middle peering over a table with disgusted looks. Jeongguk could hear the static of the office phone just being left open. Sohye noticed his presence and looked up.

"You saw it too?" Sohye asked with a weak voice.

"Have you called your fiancé?" Jeongguk asked immediately.

Sohye lifted her brows. "Huh? No..."

"Go call him. I'm sure he won't believe any of this but he still deserves an explanation," Jeongguk explained. Sohye nodded and left the room to go make the call.

Jeongguk looked at Taehyung who was still reading the article. Jeongguk reopened his phone and scrolled through. He saw a photograph of Taehyung and Sohye hugging outside some restaurant, then another than was caught when they were moving making it a little hard to tell what was going on but at first glance it looked like they were leaning in for a kiss.

Whoever wrote this didn't even have the basic common sense to blur Sohye's face which only made it easier to take down, but Jeongguk knew putting out a hot article was not the goal of this. The fact that Taehyung was not long ago a well known model only spread the fire.

Jeongguk skimmed through the article. In summary, it said Taehyung who'd just recently gotten the position as a Director at Lee's is not competent enough for this title. It showcased him as some kind of kid just in it for fun. It even said he should've stuck to his modelling career if he was just going to fool around with girls.

Jeongguk went down to the comment and they were worse. There were the few that said it was his life to live, but most were childish like "I was so excited to hear Taehyung was coming to Korea but not anymore." What caught Jeongguk's and most of the other commenters was the top comment that was posted just minutes ago.

"Wth?? I follow her on insta and she posted a pic of her and her fiancé saying there were engaged not too long ago? It's an affair. Disgusting. I expected more from Taehyung."

The commenter also attached a link to the post. He opened the links and saw all the comments to be filled with nasty insults and slurs. Jeongguk went back and refreshed the page, now there were even more articles, even one's in English, that mentioned that it was an affair. Now the situation would've just gone as another couple caught in the acts but this really made everything go out of hand.

He looked away from his phone and saw Taehyung with a hand on his forehead, his lips caught between his teeth as he was still reading through everything.