twenty-three²: number one fan

If you have a moment please take a look at the links in the comments to see how you could show support to the BLM movement and help with the issues that are happening right now around our world, including the Yemen crisis. Please donate if you can. (You can press on the three little circles then share and copy link if you can't press it)
—•

JJG

"What's going on?" Jeongguk asked, chewing on his bottom lip nervously as his leg bounced without a pause.

"God knows," Jimin replied. He was leaning against Jeongguk's desk counter as they both stared through the window to Taehyung's office where Mr. Park and he were talking.

"I thought you said you could lip-read, hyung," Jeongguk mumbled, his eyes not leaving the two men. And yes, they were now on hyung basis.

"Yeah well, I also said your hair looks nice today."

Jeongguk's head snapped to look at the older with an offended scoff. Jimin looked back at him and flashed a smile. "I'm just kidding," he sang and Jeongguk shook his head before they both returned their attention to the office.

"Okay, but what do you think is going on?" Jeongguk rephrased and Jimin inhaled sharply.

"Well, knowing my father, he's probably pretending to be an angel and trying to manipulate Taehyung to step away from the election."

"How's he planning on doing that? Director Kim's already decided."

Jimin looked over at Jeongguk and raised a brow. "Really? Director Kim? He's your boyfriend, just use his name. Show bitches he's your man."

"Yeah, I try not to make a habit of it in the office."

"People herr don't know yet?"

"Nope. Better if fewer people do. Plus keep it professional and all."

"Hmm, I guess so," Jimin agreed. "That's fun too, an secret work romance, kinda sexy. You two must be great at being sneaky around the office."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh you know what I mean. Haven't y'all had office sex yet? No no, the question should be where in the building have y'all done it till now!"

"Jimin!" Jeongguk whisper-yelled, hoping that would somehow make Jimin speak in a hushed tone as well.

"I'm just messing with you, god you're just precious," Jimin chuckled. L

"This is no time to joke!" Jeongguk whispered again, not knowing why this time.

"Oh, don't worry, babe. Everything will be fine," Jimin assured him but Jeongguk wasn't so convinced.

Mr. Park came unexpectedly that morning. Everyone was in a hassle to finish up the proposal, busy more than usual. Jeongguk was especially stressed trying to workout Taehyung's schedule when the man walked in without calling. Jeongguk then had to reschedule a meeting so that Mr. Park could have a cup of tea with the director.

"By the way, I know Taehyung's your best friend but why aren't on your dad's side?" Jeongguk asked but quickly added, "you don't have to answer that."

"Nah. My dad's an asshole. He's always bitching about me not being more like Jihyo. I mean, I get him. He doesn't come from the most well off family. My mom's side of the family treated him like shit for it. He wants his kids to not embarrass him even further. Now that Grandpa chose Taehyung over him, he thinks no one will take him seriously. I would've sided with him if he actually tried to put the effort in. All he does is use my mom's money to invest in shitty properties. Taehyung's worked his ass off, he deserves it."