twelve²: stupid choices

JJG

Jeongguk covered his yawn with his hand as he left his room, making sure to be as quiet as possible. He was a little startled when he saw a lamp still on and Taehyung tapping away on his touch screen laptop. Hearing the floor board creak, Jeongguk caught Taehyung's attention.

"Hey, you alright? Need some water or anything?" Taehyung asked in a hushed tone.

The man was about to take his blanket off to get to up but Jeongguk shook his head. "Just needed to use the bathroom."

Taehyung nodded and returned to his initial position as Jeongguk awkwardly went over to the bathroom. When he came back out, he couldn't help but look over at what Taehyung was doing.

"What's this for?" Jeongguk asked.

"Just sorting out the final details. We have a business trip coming soon," Taehyung answered. "For the side project President Lee gave me, the one you were collecting files for earlier."

Jeongguk nodded, mouthing 'business trip' as he had somehow missed that. Then only did it process through his sleep head what that actually meant.

"A business trip? Will I be coming too?" Jeongguk asked, although he already knew the answer and it was one that he did not want.

"That's what would usually happen. All expenses are covered and you'll be getting paid an additional percentage accordingly. Unless you have important matters to attend to between Wednesday to Friday?" Taehyung said looking up from the folder.

Jeongguk shook his head slowly. "Is it just us two from the team?"

"I invited Jinyoung-sshi," Taehyung informed and Jeongguk felt more at ease knowing there won't be any room for tension or awkward situations. That is until Taehyung finished his sentence.

"But he had some personal affairs to tend to. I was hoping he could gain some experience out of this but oh well."

"Oh," Jeongguk sounded. He nodded and walked to Taehyung's room. He wondered why someone else couldn't take Jinyoung's place or why he chose Jinyoung but didn't inquire about it.

"You should get some rest," Jeongguk turned back his head said at the door.

Taehyung smiled. "I will."

Jeongguk nodded again and went inside the room, closing the door behind him.

•—•—•

"G'morning," Jeongguk greeted walking into the team office and everyone echoed back.

"Nothing's good about this morning. People are stupid," Chaeyoung groaned, chewing at her lips as she stared at her phone, turned in off and threw it on her desk. Jeongguk threw a concerned look over her way but decided to shrug it off.

"Nice shirt, Jeongguk-sshi. Is it new? Fits you well," Yoona complimented.

Jisoo looked up from her computer and nodded. "Yellow suits you."

"Thank you, and yes it is new. Anyways, team meeting in five," Jeongguk said and set his thing down. He pulled out his folder and tablet and walked to Taehyung's office.

Jeongguk entered Taehyung's office as his door was already open and read out the day's schedule. He finished just in time to go to the meeting room. Taehyung was pleased when he entered the room with the round/semi circle setup he had requested.

"Thank you for coming," Taehyung started the meeting with. "Let's just get right into it. Who'd like to share first?"

Everyone looked at Jisoo and she stared back at them feeling betrayed. She cleared her throat and proposed her idea. She had prepared a mood-board that she put up on the screen.