twenty²: blessing

JJG

Jeongguk and Taehyung got up early, both too tired to exchange more than a few words as the previous night was long. They should've realized they'd regret staying up so late with a morning flight but the didn't think about it while they were cuddling and talking about whatever was on their mind.

Jimin and Jihyo came to drop them off, both of course trying to convince them to stay a bit longer. "My restaurant is opening this Monday. Just one more week, hmm?" Jihyo had tried but the couple chuckled and gave her a strong no. They both would've loved to but they have jobs to keep.

So there they were in Taehyung's car driving back home when Taehyung got the brilliant idea as he saw the board with the name of their hometown and an arrow towards its direction.

"Seoul's that way, Tae," Jeongguk said with a joking tone knowing very well Taehyung knows where he's going. His head whipping around to look at the path they should've taken wondering what got into his boyfriend.

"I know, I know, but we don't have any work today. Let's go visit our hometown. We can see your parents and their farm too," Taehyung explained his brilliant plan. He took a glance at Jeongguk and expected him to be as excited as him.

"No, let's not. Didn't you say you were tired? Let's just go home," Jeongguk said and Taehyung furrowed his brows.

"Well it's too late, we can't change routes now, it'd be a waste of time. We'll just drop by quickly. I'm feeling alright now," Taehyung said. Jeongguk took in a deep breath but didn't say anything and pressed his hand into his lap. Taehyung noticed and placed a hand on top of them, the other hand still on the steering wheel.

"Are you not feeling well? I'll take the closest detour if you want," Taehyung offered and Jeongguk shook his head.

"It's fine," Jeongguk lied. He doesn't know why he didn't just tell Taehyung. Maybe he was embarrassed, or maybe he wanted to just see them. It was too late to back out when Taehyung pulled up on their farm. It was amazing how the man didn't even need a GPS remembering from the few visits they did when they were dating. Taehyung never questioned why Jeongguk didn't mention they were in a relationship to his parents.

Taehyung eyes shined as he looked out at the Jeon's household and surrounded farmland. "Woah, the countryside never fails to take my breath away. Don't you th–"

"I don't talk to my parents anymore," Jeongguk finally admitted, cursing himself for not saying it earlier. Taehyung's smile dropped as he shifted around in his seat to face him.

"Oh, Gguk... I'm sorry. Do you want to leave?" Taehyung asked, his voice soft.

"You don't want to know why?"

"Only if you're ready to tell me."

Jeongguk nodded and inhaled a deep breath then let it out, preparing himself. "I came out to them after I graduated. They didn't accept it. Didn't accept me. They didn't really lash out or anything, kind of just decided to ignore it and pretend it never happened. Every time I talked to them afterwards, it was always fine until they ask me if I found myself a nice girlfriend. I snapped at some point. Screamed that I never will at them and well, haven't really talked or seen them since. They send me money every month that I always return. The only exchange we have is through texts for special occasions. I've only talked to my mom on call. They keep pretending everything is fine."

"That must've been so hard for you, Gguk. I'm sorry."

Jeongguk smiled and shook his head. "What have you got to be sorry for? It's not your fault my parents think that way. Honestly, I'm just glad they still want me to be their son."