thirteen²: the good old days

JJG

Jeongguk and Chaeyoung rushed up into the building, quickly scanned their key cards and aggressively pressed on the elevator buttons far too many times. As soon as the door opened, they got in and closed the door, not bothering to check if anyone else wanted to get on.

The two were so used to their previous directors strict rules that they didn't even realize Director Kim would've most likely let it slide. Even then, it still doesn't sit right when you start the day with being late. Plus, they already had so much work on their hands that they really didn't have time to waste.

Once the doors opened to their floor, Jeongguk and Chaeyoug basically sprinted to the office. They both arrived, a panting mess getting questioning looks from their coworkers. The two plopped down on their chairs and finally caught their breaths.

"Thirty minutes late," Jinyoung pointed out the obvious, earning snickers from everyone other than the two.

"Nice shirt, Jeongguk-sshi," Yoona said with a grin. "Didn't know you bought two."

Jeongguk smiled at the girl, knowing well enough she was playing with him but he decided to just go along with it. "Well since everyone loved it so much yesterday, I went out and got myself another one. Didn't you know I value your opinions?"

"What we didn't know is that Chaeyoung wore scarves! I thought you said you hated them?" Jisoo asked, resting her chin on in her hand. Chaeyoung shook her head and decided to just ignore her inquiry, but they weren't about to let it go that easily.

"Hope you two don't have hangovers from yesterday," Eunwoo joined in.

"They don't seem to have one. Looks more like they had a great time," Eric added.

"Okay, alright, quit it guys. Nothing happened," Chaeyoug said, focusing her gaze on her computer and logging in.

"Alright, alright, it's none of our business," Jisoo stretched, raising her hand up. Just when the they thought it was over, Jisoo continued. "It's none of our business that Jeongguk-sshi's wearing the same shirt as yesterday, that you're wearing a scarf when you hate them, and that you both arrived late and the exact same time. Mhm. None of our business."

Everyone in their office began snickering at that, throwing suggestive looks at the two involved who were just groaning and kind of also joining in on the laughter. The two never minded their entire team always suggesting they get together and it was honestly funny since both knew it was never gonna happen.

"Fine," Jeongguk said in a sing-song voice. "We got too drunk and I crashed at hers. On her couch."

"And the scarf?" Yoona asked with her brow raised.

Chaeyoug groaned, knowing they'll never let them live it down but pulled the scarf down a little to reveal what she meant to conceal. "He accidentally gave me a hickey. Our dumbasses should never go drinking together."

Laughter erupted throughout the office as everyone commented random things like 'I knew it!' or 'just get together already'.

"Accidentally on purpose, hmm?" Jin suggested, wiggling his eyebrows. Jeongguk rolled his eyes and just as he was about to say something back, a cough grabbed all their attention.

"Director Kim," Jisoo acknowledged first and bowed from her seat, everyone copying right after.

Jeongguk bit his lips and looked at Taehyung, wondering how long he'd been standing there and how much he heard – not that Jeongguk cared, it didn't matter what Taehyung heard and interpreted it as.