nineteen²: the perfect night

JJG

Jeongguk snuggled closer to the body around his arms. He felt little pecks being placed gingerly on his forehead, an inevitable smile forming to his lips. He opened his eyes slowly and tilted his head up, seeing Taehyung smiling at him.

"Morning," Taehyung said lazily. Jeongguk shut his eyes and placed a kiss on his chest.

"Good morning," he replied, wanting to go back to sleep.

"Do you want to get breakfast?" Taehyung asked and Jeongguk shook his head.

"Just wanna be here with you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Well, your highnness, your wish my command," Taehyung said and turned to the side, capturing the man in a bone-crushing hug that Jeongguk could only giggle about.

"I know I already said this but I missed you so much, Tae," Jeongguk said suddenly. He heard Taehyung take in a deep breath before he whispered, "I missed you more."

Jeongguk couldn't stop smiling. He didn't know if he was dreaming or he was just actually the happiest man alive. Okay, there was probably someone happier out there, maybe a new father or the lottery winner, but Taehyung surely made him feel that way. He always has, since they were little. As long as Taehyung was by his side, Jeongguk felt unstoppable. On top of the world.

"Tae?" Jeongguk called out, a sudden thought popping up in his head.

"Yeah, baby?" Taehyung said and Jeongguk absolutely melted at the petname.

"When did you realize you liked me?" Jeongguk asked and he honestly didn't know why he didn't ask earlier.

"Hmm. I think it might've been when I saw you again on the first day of high school. I felt this newfound happiness with the thought that my only friend was going to be back in my life. I might've pushed it away for so long because I was scared it might ruin what we had. Then remember that period where you decided to avoid me? God, I couldn't concentrate on anything. All these wishes to be able to laugh with you one more time, talk to you, hold your hand. Then I realized I never even got to kiss you and tell you how much I love you and how much you mean to me and-" Taehyung ran out of breath.

"Woah, there. Calm down," Jeongguk said softly. "I'd kiss you if my breath didn't stink right now."

Taehyung smiled and kissed his forehead again. "Then let's go brush our teeth, hmm? I miss your lips on mine."

"Gosh, remember when you used to be shy?" Jeongguk teased.

"Oh it's all an act. Except with you. I'm more confident. You, my little sunshine, make me love myself better."

"And god have you become cheesy," Jeongguk said and he couldn't help himself this time. He leaned in a pressed their lips together for just a second. When he pulled away, Taehyung leaned back in to get another kiss but Jeongguk laughed and pushed him back. He got out of his grip and the bed.

"Gguk," Taehyung whined, trying to catch his hand.

"Get out of bed, Director Kim," Jeongguk said and walked to his bathroom. Then just a few minutes later, Jeongguk's head peaked out the door.

"Tae," he said with a cheeky smile.

Taehyung propped his hand behind his back. "Can't reach a spot on your back, Secretary Jeon?"

"Maybe."

Taehyung chuckled and nodded slowly. They looked at each other for a few seconds before Taehyung threw the blanket off of him and made his way to Jeongguk as quick as possible.