018.

"Daddy, uh," Santana deeply sighed, her heart began to beat out her chest

"Daddy, uh," Santana deeply sighed, her heart began to beat out her chest. "I gotta tell you something,"

James was all ears and went to sit down on the couch, giving her his undivided attention. "Well come on, get comfortable,"

She dragged her body over to the cream sofa. Her head was drooped down and she was piecing the right words together before they left her mouth.

"Well, Taylor's in trouble. I don't know who or what she done got herself into but she's been to the house. Multiple times, bruised up and some more stuff," she shook her head, picking at her nails and looking away from her father's eyes.

"There's this building off of Preston and something about it just felt wrong to me. I was skeptical about it and it didn't sit right with me,"

"So you and Colbie went to go check it out huh? Yeah, I know all about it. Some officers saw you two. We been trying to check that building out for months. A lot of sex trafficking speculations but we're not sure," he sat up straight and rested his elbows on his knees, running his fingers through his head.

"If Taylor is tied to this, there's not much I can do babygirl. I won't know for sure until we have enough evidence to get a warrant," he shook his head, he wanted to help but his hands were tied.

He was just a cop, not a detective but he knew some people. He just needed to find a way to get inside and get some proof before asking for a search warrant. And he was sure he'd have enough evidence to get the guys locked up.

"Daddy, I saw something. There was this girl he brought to the room. She was tied up and the guy pulled out a knife but before I could see anything else he caught me looking," she confessed, hoping that was enough information.

James just couldn't believe anything he was hearing. It was just a lot of different subjects flooding his mind.

Taylor, his only niece was in trouble. His daughter was on the wrong side of town doing something that could've had her killed, and he was wondering what he could've done.

"I'm gonna go to bed, I gotta try and wrap my head around all this. I love you," he forced himself up from the couch and kissed Santana's cheek.

She was upset, she expected her father's reaction to be different. But she knew his job was to protect the household so she figured he was upset.

Santana just sat in the living room and took a deep breath. Her eyes stared off into space and she just couldn't seem to find peace.

Just knowing she had everything easy, her cousin was somewhere suffering. It was pulling strings on her heart.

Taylor was still in the trunk of this man's truck. It seemed like they were riding for what felt like hours. She was continuing to whine and screech out to annoy him but he turned his music to a louder volume.