5

Lucy decided to swing by the video store to get The Wizard of Oz. It was one of her favorite movies, and she wanted to watch it.

While searching for the movie, she heard a voice ask, "Can somebody help me find The Notebook? Hello? Is anybody working here? You gotta be kidding me."

She walked towards Jackson's voice and screamed as she saw a guy bathing in his own blood. "Oh, my gods," she muttered.

Jackson grabbed my wrist and turns her around. He backed up into a ladder, which hit something, causing the lights to shut off.

Lucy heard quiet growls and immediately tensed up. Jackson's eyes widened as he saw a beastly figure with red eyes. She ducked into one aisle while Jackson ducked into another. The shelves started falling on them, and one hit her right ankle, causing it to snap. She knew it was broken. She bit back a sob and mentally cursed herself for not having ambrosia with her.

Jackson's lower half was trapped. He peeked over to her and asked, "Lu, are you okay?"

Lucy shimmied herself to the middle of the row and choked back another sob. The Alpha appeared and growled at her and scratched her cheek before going after Jackson.

It placed a claw on the back of Jackson's neck and Jackson breathed heavily. The Alpha soon ran off through a window, causing the glass to shatter. Jackson glanced to Lucy and asked again, "Are you okay?"

Lucy shook her head. "No. I'm not okay."

Sirens soon resounded, and she let out a sigh of relief. Officers with guns appeared and started lifting the shelves. A deputy pulled Lucy out, and she whimpered, feeling the pain in her ankle.

He carefully swept her in his arms and set her gently on the edge of an ambulance. Lydia ran over to Lucy as soon as she saw her. "Hey, Lyds."

Lucy rested her head against the side of the ambulance wall, hoping she would soon be out of there.

Jackson glared at the sheriff. "Why the hell can't I go home? I'm fine."

Lucy's ankle flared up again, and she let out a hiss of pain.

Another voice yelled excitedly, "Oh, whoa, is that a dead body?"

He saw Lucy and rushed over to her. He brushed the hair from her face and asked, "Lu? You okay?"

"It hurts, Stiles. I forgot my ambrosia squares."

He nodded. "Okay, I'll take you back to Scott's. Can you walk?"

She shook her head, and Stiles picked her up in his arms. He accidentally touched her ankle, causing her to let out a cry of pain. "God, Lu, I'm sorry."

When they reached Scott's house, Stiles laid her down on the couch and asked, "Where are your ambrosia squares?"

"Upstairs on my desk."

He disappeared and returned a few moments later. "Here. How much do you need?"

"Half a one."

He ripped one in half and gave it to her. She tasted her mom's homemade apple pie and let out a relieved sigh.

Stiles sat by her and noticed my knife. "What's that?"

"Oh, that's my sword. It turns from a knife to a sword. It's Stygian Iron. Called Nethersbane."

"Sounds dangerous."

"It is. But you don't have to worry. I won't use it on you."

He pointed to her bracelet and nearly pushed it. "Careful!"