42

Lucy was fast asleep and suddenly, she felt like something was wrong with Stiles. She was seeing him trapped somewhere, but she couldn't figure out where.

Scott ran into her room and said, "It's Stiles. The phone's on speaker."

Stiles' voice came through. "Scott, Lu, I don't, I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I think I was sleepwalking."

Lucy took a moment to take a quick breath. "Where are you? What do you see?"

He answered in a panicked voice, "Ah, it's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my--"

The call ended and Lucy grabbed Scott's phone and called Stiles again. Voicemail. "For Zeus's sake." She called again, and got his voicemail a second time.

Scott muttered, "God, come on. Come on."

The call finally connected and he said, "Stiles?"

"Scott, Lu, I don't think I can get out of here. I can't move."

"Where are you?" Lucy asked again. "Please."

Stiles' voice remained panicked. "I don't know. I don't know, it's too dark. I can't see much and something's wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something. And it's... I think it's bleeding."

Lucy's hand found her necklace and gripped it tightly. "How bad is it? Stiles. How bad?" He didn't answer. "Stiles, please. Answer me. Can you hear me?"

He finally answered. "Ah, there's some kind of smell down here. Something smells terrible. It's brutal. My eyes are watering."

"Okay, listen," Scott said. "I'm calling your dad."

"No, no, no, no, don't."

"But your dad--"

"Don't. Just please don't call him. Same goes for you, Lu. Promise me you won't. He already worries about me too much. Scott, please."

Lucy frowned. "Stiles, I can't promise that. I won't agree to it."

Stiles started sniffling. "No, no, no, just please." His sniffles got louder and he calmed himself down. "Please don't call him. Come find me. You can do it. He doesn't have to know. Scott, you can find me."

Scott glanced to Lucy. "I don't know if I can do this."

Lucy gripped her necklace tighter. "I'll try."

Stiles suddenly said, "Oh, I gotta call you back. I have to turn my phone off."

"Stiles, no! Wait!" Lucy cried.

"I'm gonna call you back. I love you, Lu."

"Hold on, Stiles, wait. Hold on, man," Scott said.

Stiles hung up and she turned to Scott. "Wake Isaac up. I'm on my way to Stiles' to see if I can find anything."

"Lu, we're going that way too."

"Scott, let me. Please."

He nodded and she called Herc. He appeared and she said, "Hey, boy. I need you to shadow travel to Stiles' house. You know the place."

She got a text from Scott saying, 'Stiles thinks he's in an industrial place, and he thinks he's not alone'

Scott and Isaac arrived about the same time as Lydia and Aiden. Lucy turned to her and asked, "How'd you know, Lyds? Did he call you?"

Lydia shook her head. "I heard it. I'm guessing he called you?"

Aiden let out a sigh. "Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask."