37

3B

Stiles insisted Lucy spend the night with him, so she did.

He woke up screaming and she tried to get him to stop, but he didn't.

Sheriff Stilinski ran into his son's room and held him tightly. He brushed Stiles' hair back. "Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. It's okay. You're okay. Lucy, what happened?"

Lucy shook her head. "I--I don't know. He just started screaming."

"It's okay."

The next morning, there was a knock on the door and the sheriff appeared. "Hey. You alright? You ready for school? Lucy, tell me you got some sleep."

Lucy nodded. "A little, yes."

Stiles looked up at his dad. "Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Dad, seriously, I'm fine. It was just a nightmare. What's that?"

Lucy noticed the sheriff holding a box and frowned at it. He laughed and said, "That's just, uh, files from the office."

Stiles frowned at his dad's words. "It says "Sheriff's station, do not remove"."

The sheriff nodded slowly. "Well, yeah, unless you're the sheriff."

"Oh," Stiles replied.

"Now get your butts to school."

Stiles studied Lucy and said, "Lu, how much sleep did you get last night? You look exhausted."

She shook her head. "I honestly don't know. Dreams kept me awake all night."

He kissed the top of her head and they drove to school.

As soon as they arrived, Stiles looked at his friend worriedly and tried to calm him down. "Hey. Hey, you alright? You don't look alright, Scott."

He nodded. "I'm okay."

Lucy narrowed her eyes slightly. "No you're not, Scott. It must be happening to you as well. You're seeing things. Am I right?"

Scott turned to her and frowned. "How did you know that?"

Lucy glanced to Stiles while Lydia said, "Because it's happening to all three of you. Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one."

Allison frowned at Lydia. "We're not crazy."

"Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine," she said.

"We did die and come back to life. That's gotta have some side effects, right?" Scott replied.

The bell rang and Stiles turned to them. "We keep an eye out for each other. Okay? And Lydia, stop enjoying this so much."

Lucy frowned at Lydia and she shot her an innocent look. "What?"

Lucy made her way to the history classroom and the teacher walked in moments after. "Good morning, everyone. My name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over for your previous history teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira. Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought a friend home for that matter."

Kira slammed her head on her desk and Scott smiled at her. Lucy smirked, realizing her friend had a crush on the Asian girl.

Mr. Yukimura let out a sigh. "Either way, there she is. Now, let's begin with American History at the turn of the 20th century."

After class, Scott and Lucy joined Stiles at his locker. "Maybe we need a little time to get back to normal."

Stiles replied, "Yeah, try not to forget we hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures. There's a pretty good chance things are never going back to normal."