8

Scott and Stiles trudged through the woods and Scott asked, "Where are we going?"

Stiles shot him a smirk. "You'll see."

"'Cause we really shouldn't be out here. My mom is in a constant state of freak-out from what happened at the school."

Stiles frowned at him. "Well, your mom isn't the sheriff, okay? There's no comparison, trust me."

"Can you at least just tell me what we're doing out here?"

"Yes. When you're best friend gets dumped--"

"I didn't get dumped. We're taking a break."

"Alright, well, when your best friend get told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break, you get your best friend drunk."

About 15 minutes later, the whiskey was running through Stiles' system. Scott was completely sober. "Dude, you know, she's just one--one girl. You know, there are so many--there are so many other girls in the sea."

Scott shot Stiles a frown. "Fish in the sea."

"Fish? Why you talking about fish? I'm talking about girls. I love girls. I love 'em. I love especially ones with wavy black hair, brown eyes, 5'1--"

"Like Lu?"

"Yeah, exactly. Hey, how did you know I was talking about--about--What was I talking about? Hey, you're not happy. Take a drink."

He shook his head. "I don't want any more."

"You're not drunk?"

"I'm not anything."

"Hey, maybe it's like--maybe it's like not needing your inhaler anymore, you know. Maybe you can't get drunk as a wolf. Am I drunk?"

"You're wasted."

"Yeah!" Stiles cried. "Come on, dude. I know it feels bad. I know it hurts. I know. Well, I don't know. But I know this. I know that as much as being broken up hurts, being alone is way worse. That didn't make any sense. I need a drink."

Two guys appeared from the shadows. The first one said, "Well, look at the two little bitches getting their drink on."

The bottle of Jack was taken from them and Scott demanded, "Give it back."

"What's that, little man?"

"I think he wants a drink," the second guy replied.

Scott's voice was distorted as he said, "I want the bottle."

"Scott, maybe we should just go," Stiles told him, seeing that he was about to turn wolf.

He looked at his friend. "You brought me here to get drunk, Stiles. I'm not drunk yet. Give me the bottle. Give me the bottle of Jack."

"Scott?"

He threw the bottle into a tree and Stiles pulled him away. "Okay, please tell me that was because of the breakup. Or cause tomorrow's the full moon. Going home now, yeah?"

Stiles drove Scott home and then himself and went to bed.

The next morning, Lydia, Allison, and Lucy walked through the halls. People didn't know that it was them, which Lucy was thankful for. Allison said, "It's just weird. Everybody's talking about what happened the other night, and nobody knows it was us."

Lydia smirked. "Thank you for the protection of minors."

"Lydia, Lu, do you think I made the wrong decision?"

Lydia looked over Allison's outfit. "About that jacket with that dress? Absolutely."

"You know what I mean."