44

Lucy was sitting in the back of a car on the way to Eichen House. She rested her head on Stiles' shoulder and he held her close.

Eichen House stood tall in front of them and Lucy ran a hand through Stiles' hair. "Listen. We're gonna get you out of here, okay? I promise."

Stiles kissed her hair. "I know."

"Can they help you?"

"I hope so."

She fell silent and Stiles embraced her tightly. The revving of a motorcycle caught her attention and she turned to see Scott taking off his helmet. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Sheriff Stilinski sighed. "Because I told Lu not to and I wanted to avoid something like this."

Stiles squeezed Lucy's hand. "It's only 72 hours."

She pointed aggressively at the building. "In there. Where Barrow came from. Remember him? He had a tumor that exploded flies." She turned to the sheriff. "There's a lot you don't know yet."

Sheriff Stilinski glanced at them, mostly looking at Lucy. "I know enough. Nogitsunes, kitsunes, Oni, or whatever they're called."

Stiles turned to his dad and said proudly, "Wow. That was actually all surprisingly correct."

"Scott, Lucy, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed over to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist."

Scott frowned. "Then why are you putting him in here?"

Stiles turned to his friend. "He's not. It was my decision."

She looked down at her necklace. "One I don't agree with, but what does that matter."

Scott glanced to her. "Your opinion does matter, Lu. Stiles, we can't help you if you're in there."

Stiles sighed. "And I can't hurt either of you."

Lucy looked up at him. "We'll find something. Deaton's got some ideas, and Mr. Argent is calling people. We'll figure it out."

"If we can't--" Scott began.

Stiles shook his head, cutting Scott off. "If you can't... If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? Make sure I never get out. I know Lu can protect herself, but watch out for her. Please. If I find out that even one hair on her head gets hurt, I will murder you."

He turned to Lucy. "Lu, don't do anything stupid, okay? That's my job. I'm gonna trust you to get me out of here. And Lu? I love you."

"Stiles, stay safe. Please."

He kissed her and waved goodbye to her and Scott before he walked into Eichen House with his dad.

Lucy let out a shaky sigh and turned to Scott. "We should get to the clinic. Deaton will know what to do."

Scott handed her an extra helmet and she placed it on her head. He revved the engine and Lucy begrudgingly placed my arms around his waist. He raced towards the Animal Clinic. When they got there, they see that Deaton was on the phone with Mr. Argent and Allison was waiting for them.

She stood up and hugged Lucy and she stood rigid. Allison pulled away and asked, "Are you okay, Lu?"

"Fine. I want to get him back. Um, what have you guys found?"

Lucy heard Deaton mention a scroll and frowned. "Scroll?"

"A Shugendo scroll," Deaton replieed. "The Shugendo were the ascetic mystics of Japan. The scroll had information on how to exorcise a Nogitsune."