15

Lucy stared down the rock wall and watched Allison and Scott climb up. They started flirting, and she rolled her eyes. As she stared at the rock wall, she suddenly started feeling homesick for camp. Lava rock wall included.

Scott moved closer to Allison, and she kicked him further down the wall. Coach smirked. "McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy. Right? Alright, next two. Stilinski, and um, Becenti. Your turn."

Lucy smirked at Stiles. "Prepare to be beat."

Stiles returned her smirk. "By all means. I'll admire the view."

She grimaced at his comment and started climbing the wall. He climbed up quite a bit slower, and she didn't even have to think about what he was doing.

As soon as Lucy reached the top, she looked down at Stiles. "Tell me. How does it feel knowing you were beat by a girl?"

"A small girl. And it's worth it for someone as pretty as you."

"Close your mouth. Look at you, not stuttering."

Coach shot them a look. "Enough. Next two. Erica and Mike."

Erica started climbing the wall and muttered, "Oh, please--"

Coach looked up at her. "Erica. Dizzy? Is it vertigo?"

Lydia frowned at him. "Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out."

"Erica," Coach called again.

"I'm fine," Erica mumbled.

Allison was quiet a moment before she said, "Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she epileptic."

Coach threw his hands in the air. "Why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff? I have to get--Erica--y--you're fine. Just--Just kick off from the wall. Th--There's a mat to catch you. Come on. See, you're fine. You're on the ground. You're alright. Let's go. Shake it off. You're fine."

Lucy made her way over to Erica and started running a hand through her hair. "Hey, you're okay, now."

She nodded and said, "Why are you being nice to me? No one's ever nice to me."

"I'm not that nice. Trust me."

"You're talking to me when no one else is."

"You nearly toppled off the mat. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Well, I appreciate it. I'll be okay."

Suddenly, Erica fell to the ground and started seizing. Scott, Allison, and Stiles ran out while Lucy placed Erica on her side.

Allison looked at her. "How'd you know?"

"Uh, Will. He's the camp medic. I was also here."

Scott met her eyes. "I felt it."

Paramedics came and took her to the hospital while Lucy walked with Scott and Stiles to lunch. Scott and Allison sat at the normal table the group always sat at. Stiles dragged Lucy along so he could talk to a kid named Boyd.

Stiles sat down and asked, "Boyd. You got the keys?"

Boyd frowned at him. "This isn't a favor. It's a transaction."

"Right, yeah. Absolutely."

He gave Boyd a twenty, causing Boyd to say, "I said fifty."

"Really, I--I remember twenty. I don't know. I have a really good verbal memory. And I remember twenty. I remember that distinct "twa" sound, "twa-enty."