10

Stiles rushed into the locker room, Lucy close behind, and slid in and said, "Dude, we have a huge problem."

Scott nodded. "Trust me--I know."

The next day, Lucy met up with Lydia and Allison in the forest. Allison wanted to practice with her crossbow before they went shopping.

Lydia crossed her arms and frowned at their mutual friend. "Allison--when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting."

Allison looked at Lydia. "Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something. Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

"Did he?" Lydia wondered, raising an eyebrow.

"Huh. Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first."

"Sure. As long as it's just friends."

Allison shot Lydia a weird look before shifting her gaze to Lucy. "Well, yeah, I mean--it's not like I would take him to Coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything."

Lucy narrowed her eyes at Allison. "I didn't kiss him."

Lydia laughed softly. "Sure you didn't."

Her look deepened and Lydia backed away slightly. "Okay, you didn't, Lu. I believe you."

"Good."

Lydia then looked at Allison's crossbow. "What does that do?"

Allison gave a small shrug. "We're about to find out."

A strange sound caught their attention, and they tensed up. "What the hell was that?" Lydia whispered.

"I don't know," Allison answered, shooting the crossbow. A flash of light hit a tree.

"Well--that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?"

Lucy smirked. "I got one. Deadly to monsters and mortals."

Lydia's eyes widened. "How do you have a weapon like that? What do you parents have to say?"

"My dad doesn't care. It protects me. Yes, I know how to use it."

Allison said to Lydia, "Hold this."

Lydia frowned as she was handed the crossbow. "What? Why?"

"Because I thought I heard something."

"So what if you heard something?"

"So, I want to find out what that something is. Don't worry. It's probably nothing."

Lydia continued frowning. "Well, what if that nothing is something and that something is something dangerous?"

"Shoot it," Allison told Lydia before walking towards whatever the sound was.

Lydia looked to Lucy in a panic and Lucy smiled. "Lyds, I have a knife that can turn into a sword and can use it both ways. You don't have to worry. I think I can figure out a crossbow."

She nodded. "That's good to hear. Do you think it's a dangerous animal?"

"Nah, I don't think so. It's probably just Scott, considering she hasn't appeared yet."

Lydia laughed. "You make a good point. It probably is Scott."

Sure enough, Allison nearly shot Scott and she ended up laying on top of him for a moment. Scott gave her the necklace back, which she'd been looking for.

Eventually, the girls left the forest, and after Lucy's suggestion, Lydia dropped her off at Stiles'. He was outside his house and motioned for her to get in the Jeep. "Where are we going?"

"Scott's. His mom is going on a date with Peter."

He drove to where Melissa was and rear-ended the car in front of them. As soon as they exited, Stiles said, "Mrs. McCall?"

"Yes!" She yelled. "Lucy? Please tell me this wasn't your idea. No, it's Stiles'. I know it is."

Stiles ran a hand over his head. "Wow, this is--this is just crazy. What a coincidence, huh? Lu has nothing to do with this. All my idea."

"Ha ha--" Melissa said.

Stiles' stuttering continued. "I mean--I do not know what happened. You guys just came out of nowhere."

"Came out of nowhere! We were parked on the side of the road, Stiles."

He let out an awkward laugh. "How crazy is that? I mean, we should probably call the cops, you know, do like an accident report thing."

Peter walked over to the teens. "I don't think that's necessary."

"Are you sure? I think I'm feeling a little whiplash."

Melissa scoffed at Stiles' words. "Whiplash? You hit us!"

Stiles continued flexing his neck, trying to show his fake pain. "I don't know--there's something definitely wrong with my neck."

Melissa's eyes narrowed. "Stiles, take Lu home. You need to get a good night's sleep, young lady."

As soon as Lucy got to her room, she closed the door and called Chiron. "Oh Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering. Fleecy, do me a solid and show me Chiron."

He appeared and smiled. "Hello, Lucy. I assume you're calling to keep us updated."

"Yes. I've finally found out who the Alpha is. Peter Hale, Derek's uncle. My friend Scott is also a werewolf. Both Stiles and Scott know that I'm a demigod. I had to tell them."

"Be careful. From what I know of the Hales, they're dangerous. Peter most of all."

"As I thought. Presuming my thinking is correct, Peter is on a revenge mission. As for Derek, he seems alright; even wants to ally with Scott."

"Be safe, child."

"I will."

Another face appeared, and Nico gave her a small smile. "Hey, Lu. Are you okay?"

She nodded. "I'm fine. How are you?"

"Good. You're staying safe, right? No stupid decisions? No fighting people?"

"I'm staying safe. I can't necessarily confirm or deny the other two."

Nico sighed. "Lu, come on. You can't be reckless."

"It's habit. I've hung around Percy too long. Don't worry though; my friends are keeping my from doing anything too stupid."

"Good. Ugh. Counselor meeting. I'll see you later."

He ended the Iris Message, and Lucy fell on her bed and fell asleep.