13

Season Two

"Ohh--Just like that. No, no, you first. Me first?" Stiles mumbled.

Lucy held the balloons tighter, biting back a laugh. Mr. Martin glanced to her and Stiles. "They've been here all night?"

Melissa frowned at her as she said, "They've been here all weekend."

Stiles continued sleep talking. "You're dirty."

The intercom suddenly went off. "Paging Dr. Stateman. Dr. Stateman, please."

Stiles hit a trash can, woke up, and looked at Lucy. "Was I talking?"

"Mm-hmm. You said some pretty interesting things. Who's dirty?"

His cheeks reddened. As he stood up, he said, "I could use some candy."

Lucy walked with him to the vending machine. Before Stiles got his candy, he asked her, "What do you want?"

"I'm partial to Milky Way."

"One Milky Way coming right up."

"You can get yours first, though."

He nodded and put the money in and pressed 'I'. The Reese's was pulled out, and suddenly stopped. Stiles frowned. "Seriously? Come--"

"Just--Gah! It's not gonna work," he groaned, shaking the vending machine.

"That's not a good idea, Stiles."

"It'll work, Lu."

Stiles couldn't have been more wrong, because the vending machine falls. "Whoa!" Stiles cried.

Lucy frowned at him. "You shouldn't be surprised. I told you it wasn't a good idea."

He shot her a look and a scream caught their attention. "Lydia? Lydia!"

They rushed to her room to find her gone. Lucy knelt by her shedded hospital gown and softly asked, "Lydia?"

The sheriff arrived, so they followed him down the hall while he talked to Melissa. "Naked? As in nude?" The sheriff asked in a confused tone.

Melissa nodded. "I'm pretty sure they mean the same thing, but, yes, as far as I know, she left here clothing-optional."

"Alright, you checked the whole hospital, right?"

"Every last corner."

"Nothing suspicious?"

Melissa shook her head. "Nothing. She just took off."

"Alright," the sheriff replied. "Let's get an APB out on a 16 year old redhead. Any other descriptors?"

Lucy raised an eyebrow. "She's actually 5'3, she's got green eyes, fair skin, and strawberry blonde hair."

Sheriff Stilinski looked down at her. "Is that right?"

Stiles nodded. "Yeah."

The sheriff grabbed his son's ear. "Uh--come here. What the hell are you still doing here?"

Stiles tried to think of a plausible answer. "Um, providing moral support?"

"Uh-huh. How 'bout you provide your ass back home, where you should be. Take Lucy home."

Stiles nodded again. "Okay, I can do that too."

"Yeah."

Before they left, Lucy turned to the sheriff. "Find her. Please."

Sheriff Stilinski smiled at her. "We'll find her. You don't have to worry."

They met up with Scott to look for Lydia. Lucy had made sure to grab the hospital gown and put it in Scott's face. He looked at it and back up at Lucy. "This is the one she was wearing? I'm not gonna let anyone hurt her. Not again."