It's no Walk in the Park

"You had to?"
"Yeah. I didn't know that would happen like that. Now Bb is injured, Abby hates me even more, and I might have a lawsuit on my hands."
"No way."
"No I will. Last time Bb got his feelings hurt, his mother called my mom and yelled at her. They aren't friends anymore because of me. I don't know what to do."
"You need to tell her what is going on."
"I can't."
"I will find a way to help you."
Just do yourself a favor and stop being my friend. You're ruining your own reputation being my friend."
"I can't leave you alone."
"You would be better off leaving me in the dust, Zoe."
"That's what you think. But Elmo, it couldn't be farther from the truth. I want to be there for you. What if their goal in the long run is to separate you from everyone or make you want to kill yourself. I don't want you to feel alone, Elmo."
"I don't know what to do."
"I will go wait for Rosita and Gonigan. I need to talk to them. Elmo, calm down. We'll figure this out."
"I don't think we will."
"Just go ahead and go to class."
"Alright, I'm going."
Man, I might get suspended on this one. Why do they keep doing this to me? What did I do to them to deserve this? It's completely ridiculous.
Ouch. I just slammed into a kid. I feel bad because now I have to be an ass.
"Watch it, kid. Stay out of the way if you don't want to get hurt."
I hate this.
"S-sorry."
"You should be."
the poor kid looks terrified. Come on, Elmo, just keep walking to your class.
I hope mom is okay. If she's harassing my mom, I hope she's not too hard on her.
I know my mom and dad are struggling with this. They don't want to die. But they also don't want to see their son suffer anymore. They don't like how I'm being dragged like this.
I don't like it either. I want to be able to tell BB and Telli that I am happy for them. I want to tell Curly that she should be happy for her brother. I want to hang with Rosita and Zoey again.
I want to be able to talk to Abby about her life. I want to talk to her about how much I've missed her. I want to be able to pick her up and spin her around and tell her how I've felt about her for a while. I want to be able to tell her everything. But I can't.
I can't do any of that anymore. I miss how things use to be. I can't take this. I can't take always being the bad guy. I've only been doing this for a month and I can't take it anymore!
"Elmo!"
"Huh?"
Rosita? She is pretty red in the face for someone who's usually a teal green color.
And the new guy looks mad too.
"What do you want?"
"I am so sick and  tired of your behavior. What happened to my red pal monster, Elmo? Mi amigo. You've become the stereotype of monsters. You gave BB a concussion. I didn't know you could be so cruel."
Neither did I.
"I was aiming for the new guy. You got lucky fungus freak."
"You do not talk to him like that!"
As she said that, she slapped me across the face and the then walked off, Gonigan right behind her.
"Dammit, that hurt."
She is so mad. I've never seen her so mad. Never, in my whole life. And there was power behind that smack. Wow, my face is on fire. And choir is first hour. Ugh!
I made my way to the choir class and sat down in my assigned seat. I was the only one there and that's when my phone went off.
"Hello?"
"It's us."
"Look I did what you asked. What more do you want from me?"
"That new girl. I need you to embarrass her."
"Why, she already hates me. And it won't give you the reaction you want."
"Why do you say that?"
"She hates me. She doesn't like how I treated our friends."
"Maybe I should have a talk with her."
"Why? Why fight something that's not really a problem?"
"Shut up. Know your place."
"Right. Sorry. What the hell do you want? You got a problem?!"
"N-No."
"Then get lost!"
"S-Sorry."
"Dammit. Sorry, there was a senior looking at me weird."
"We'll plan ahead later. This is going to be a big thing that will get all of them to fear you."
"But I-"
"Remember your place!"
Ow. My ears.
"Sorry."
"We shall talk more later."
"Right. Bye."
I can't hurt Abby. I can't do it. I would feel like an absolute ass. More than I usually do. She means a lot to me. Not as much as my parents, though. Dammit. I just want to be happy again. Why did they target me? Everyone had a huge influence. Telly and Baby Bear influenced curiosity and shameless love. Zoey inspired many to become dancers and yet be so kind. Why did they pick me? I know it's because I was well loved by a lot of kids. But so was Big Bird and Snuffy. So was every monster and fairytale character in the show.
"Shit there's the ten minute bell. I wonder how Baby Bear is doing?"
Everyone started to file into the classroom.
There was a perfect square of empty chairs all around. No body wanted to get close to me. I understand it, though. I am the most hated and yet respected monster here at the school.
The school bell went off and immediately, without warning, the speaker sprung to life.
"Elmo Monster, report to the principle office immediately."
Dammit. I didn't know they were going to take it to the office. This is now, officially bullshit.
But the rest of the class seems happy.
Alright, here I go.