Piece It All Together

"Mrs. Monster, I would like to help your son get back to normal. Please."
     "I-I want him to go back to normal too."
     "Then I need you to tell me what's wrong. Your husband wasn't deployed again. You haven't had any recent deaths in your family. I know that because of Elmo's recent behavior change, your relationship with your mom friends has been strained. I got Momma bear to calm down and not press charges on you. But I need to know what happened-"
     Huh?
     I heard the front door open and that's when Elmo's mom got up and walked out of the kitchen. I followed after her and saw Elmo shove her away.
     "Get off."
     "Honey, why are you home so early?"
     "I got fucking suspended. I'll be in my room."
     Hmm? She's holding a piece of paper? He must have shoved it into her hand when he shoved her away.
     "What the Hell are you doing here?"
     "Visiting with your mother. I have every right to do so as long as she let's me."
     "Get the hell out."
     "No."
     "You aren't a friend of mine if you're friends with a person like Baby Bear."
     "You would be right. I am not and would never be friends with the Elmo that stands before me. I would forgive the old Elmo if he came to me, to all our friends with a classic Elmo apology. I wouldn't think twice if the old Elmo wanted to be friends."
     Whoa, his eyes went soft for a second there. He is hiding something. Aw. That is sad.
     "I hope your wing snaps."
     And they went hard again. Poor thing.
     He left and I turned to see his mother, reading the note, tears slightly staining her cheeks.
     I stared into her eyes and saw the letter through them.
     Bibbety boppity, flip it in mind, so I might see it promptly.
     The image of what she saw on the paper appeared in my head.
     I'm sorry mom. I love you, no matter what I say. Never forget that. Please. Aw. What is going on?
     "Don't worry. I'll get to the bottom of this. Even if you can't tell me, I will help. I will find a way to save Elmo from this."
     Elmo's mom looked at me for a moment and then at the note. Then she dropped the note and rapped her arms around me in a tight hug.
     "You haven't changed a bit, Abby. Your kind nature is something I've missed."
     She's looking out that window. Are they being watched? I think I'm gonna need some help with this. I'll snag Zoey and talk with her and mom. Mom told me that, at one time, someone tried to sabotage her. That might be the case, and if it is, this is going to take a lot.
     "I will see you later, Mrs. Monster."
     "Try and have a good day, Abby. Keep smiling."
     "I will try."
     I better go check on Baby Bear while I'm out. Make sure he's doing okay.
     Transportation spells are so much easier with a wand. Well, it feels easy. But I know it's stunting my magic.
     Landing outside their house I saw Momma Bear and Papa Bear talking to a short blond young girl.
     "Momma, Papa."
     "Hello Abby. Will you finish talking to Goldylox, dear."
     "Indeed."
     "Thank you."
     She still looks a little mad.
     "How's Bb doing?"
     "Fine. We went to the emergency room and the doctor did confirm that he had a concussion. They are keeping him overnight to ensure nothing else is wrong."
     "I have an interesting theory with Elmo and his attitude change."
     "Do tell, and we'll see if we believe it."
     "He's being manipulated to do things by a third party. I saw it with my own eyes. He shoved his mom away but when he ran off, she had a note pressed into her hand."
     "What did it say?"
     "That he loved her, no matter the words he said. And that he doesn't want her to forget."
     "Oh my."
     "And you are familiar with the signs. Both you and my mother. It happened to the both of you."
     "This is true. They threatened Bb's life when they did that to me."
     "I think they are threatening his parents."
     "Oh dear."
     "I have no evidence to back that up, but he seems awfully keen to keep that relationship."
     "I must go see-"
     "You can't, Momma Bear. It will look suspicious. We need a plan to get this to stop. We need to call mom and see what we can do."
     "We might be able to find the source of all this if you and your mom allow your magic to be used to the fullest porential."
     "Mom says that if we do that, there may be a chance that we don't come back."
     "Hmm. Well call her over here and we will talk."
     "Right."
     I placed my wand against my head and tapped the top twice before tapping the center.
     "Hello?"
     "Mom."
     "Yes?"
     "Come to my location. I have some information for you that you will find important."
     "Is it about Elmo?"
     "Yes."
     "Lunch is in five. I'll see you soon."
     "Got it. Bye."
     Great.
     "So?"
     "Mom is on Fairytale duty. She'll be on lunch soon."
     "Ah, Fairytale Duty. I remember doing that."
     "Why don't you anymore?"
     "Curly and Baby Bear are both too big for the fairytale. So until one of them can, the fairytale will not continue on this end. Or it will get passed off to another bear family."
     "Ah. Wait a second. I bet Zoey knows somethin."
     "Why do you say that?"
     "She is still Elmo's friend. She's around him a lot more than anyone else. I wanted to talk to her just because they are still friends, but the more I think on it, the more it seems as if there is something else."
     "I see. Seems like we will have to wait until after school. And we will need a more... private setting."
     "I know the perfect place for that."
     "Call your mom again."
     "You got it."
     Don't worry, Elmo. We're going to help you go back to normal.