Flashing Lights

"Morning, Abby."
"Hey, BB. Where's Telly?"
"He's at his triangle lover's meeting again."
"Ah."
"Where's Gonigan and Rosita?"
"Gonigan is with Zoey and Rosita is with the Spanish teacher."
"Okay. I talked to Momma bear."
"What did she tell you?"
"That Elmo is being used by some sort of third party. Is that real?"
"If it wasn't for the fact that they are going out of their way to prove a point, I wouldn't believe it myself."
"What happened? Wait, your eyes just flashed white."
"Yeah, I'm having magic flashes for some reason. It started last night. I thought that if I just got some sleep then it wouldn't be a problem, but it's still there."
"Maybe you should drop some of your shields."
"I can't. All shields that I have up are important. And the shields wouldn't be a problem if they didn't constantly keep going off. I got an alert in the middle of the night last night."
"What happened?"
Mae went for a walk and a guy tried to shoot her. the shield prevented her from getting shot at and I appeared right before he shot the next shot. I forced the bullet to stop mid-way and fire back at him. He got shot in stomach. I called the police, Louie, mom, an ambulance. Mae started crying and I held her until Louie came by. He took her and held her until the police arrived."
"Why don't they put Elmo in jail?"
"What would be the charge? Keep in mind, they can get him out if they want to. And they would because they know that he would do anything for his parents. I'm not tired, though. I immediately passed out when I got home from that situation."
"Okay, now what happened yesterday that almost made you want to turn your back?"
"Oh my gosh, I am going out of my way to be as nice as I can and yet keep my distance. I remembered how oatmeal raisin cookies were Elmo's favorite."
"Right."
"So I went to Hooper's store and got the meal of the day, some peanut butter cookies for me, and then oatmeal raisin for Elmo. Keep in mind that I had nothing to eat at that point. I was so hungry, and excited to eat the food I had."
"Okay."
"So I walked to Elmo's house and poofed the cookies into his room. I stuck around to ensure that he got them and then walked off. He obviously saw me, came down to yell at me, told me that he hated me, and then I made his mouth disappear. He knocked the rest of the food I had onto the ground."
"Oh my."
"Mae made me food though. And asked me not to poof Elmo's mouth back until she said so."
"Is his mouth back?"
"Yes. She called me and asked me to put it back this morning."
"Aw. But that's cool that she made you food."
"See, she gets it. She wants her son back, she wants life back. He knows I know. His mom told him. Yet I'm starting to think that he's just stuck like this forever."
"Let's hope that's not the case."
"Ow, dammit."
"These magic flashes cause you pain?"
"Slightly, yeah. I can usually handle it but after a while, it wears me down."
"Maybe you should go home."
"No. I don't want to. I want to be here with you all."
"Does Gonigan know you're getting these?"
"No."
"Oh boy."
"Ow, okay, I just need to calm down."
"Why don't you sit down-"
"Ah! Dammit, my wand is vibrating... it's your mom. Oh no."
"My mom?"
"I'll be back... probably."
"Probably?"
"Who knows."
And poof. Dammit. In the middle of the frey. And I see mom. She's down. There's a guy with a gun.
Momma bear, duck!"
Momma bear didn't even look around. She instead ran inside her home and slammed her door closed.
I created a lasso of magic with my hand and threw it. The rope wrapped around the one guy and then electrocuted him.
"Get her!"
"Hmm?"
The next thing I knew I was surrounded. It seemed like a lot to go through for the sake of one monster. They are really trying to get Elmo to be hateful towards everyone... I can count twenty men. All had either guns or knives and all were pointing their weapons at me.
Except one.
"Ha. Finally. Who knew that those spell would be the perfect lore to get you into a trap. I got a video call to make."
Hmm? Is he really going to video call his boss? Please do. It would make all this a lot easier.
"What now?"
I recognize that voice. That is Elmo's voice.
"Hello, Elmo Monster. I don't know if you were gaining hope for your freedom with that fairy friend of yours, but-"
"I have no hope in anything anymore. Not even Abby and her abilities to fix all this."
"Oh. So us killing off Ms. Cadabby won't be a problem."
The guy pointed his phone in my direction and then walked through the small group of soldiers.
"Please don't."
"I thought you just said you had no hope for anything anymore. Us killing your friend shouldn't even... hmm?"
"Is she laughing?"
"I am. Come now. Have none of you learned? I will get my friend back, whatever it takes!"
With that, I tapped into the lake of neverending magic with only Elmo mind. Instant power for me and I sent some power towards my mom who laid in the dirt unconscious.
"I have control, I waste no time, tell your god that I said hi."
With that, all the head of the nineteen soldiers exploded. The one who held the phone was the only one left.
"Wh-What just happened? H-H-How did you do that."
"Don't you worry about it."
I ran at him and grabbed him by the neck and held him in the air.
"I have a message for you to deliver to your boss. Hold still. Because I can guarantee that after all the pain you all caused, this message will hurt you."