Narrow Escape

"Alright, so after re-routing all calls made from the snipers' contacts, we've got two locations down. And the police are now involved."
     "But only for the safety of Momma bear and their family."
     "Right, Belinda. And since they both aimed their guns at her, they are both charged with attempted murder."
     "As it should be, Russel. And we also have our pixie friends in the trees right?"
     "Correct."
     "Now, did you find out anything from Elmo, Abby?"
     "I'm glad you asked, dad. He's being forced to do something that has him really upset. He was standing in front of a bucket and all he kept saying was that he was doing this for the safety of his family."
     "How did he react when the picture you drew him started singing and dancing?"
     "He started crying."
     "Ah. So it seems as if he is still filled with love for his friends."
     "He does, dad. It's hard to watch. Mom, he looked so worried for Momma Bear when he went out there. They were gonna kill her. They were going to kill her. And now we have not only police watching their perimeter, but also fairy friends and tree elves. This is rediculous."
     "Yo, dad."
     Here comes little bro.
     Rudy came wandering into the office and smiled at us.
     "Yeah, son?"
     "What are y'all talking about?"
     "Proper wing care. What's up?"
     "You said we could go play at skate park today."
     "I did. Alright, let's get going. I will see you two later. Keep me posted on the wing care guidelines please."
     "Oh of course, dear. You two have fun now."
     "We will. Bye, mom. Bye, sis."
     "Bye, Rudy."
     Oh gosh.
     "Do you think these people will figure it out and go after Rudy?"
     "You know I would never let him leave unprotected. If he was attacked a shield would appear, setting off an emergency alarm to either my wand or your father's. And now you, since you are of age."
     "Now is it a matter of who makes it first?"
     "The alarm will stop on our wands when one of us answers. By the way. Start carrying your wand."
     "Why?"
     "I understand that you have a personal connection to the ocean of magic, but it's concerning to me when you do not have the restrain of the wand. You need the restrain or you will get lost in your own magic."
     "But it's so much easier to use the magic myself."
     "But the wand is safer. Please."
     "Well, alright. I will do as you say."
     "Thank you, honey."
     "Do you think that everything will turn out right, mom? I hate seeing Elmo like this. But I don't want to put any of you at risk either."
     "Your father and I have already been through this. It's quite funny. Your father was carring you, you were about six months old. You could see behind us and you had a surge of energy.  You hit a guy with lightning."
     "That's not funny."
     "It is when you find out that he was keeping an eye on you for his boss. Nobody tried after that. So if anyone has the power to stop people from getting hurt, it's you, love bug."
     "You haven't called me love bug since I was six."
     "Oh, well Elmo's mom still calls him the nickname she gave him. I think it's sweet."
     "It is. Why did you stop?"
     "It was my attempt in encouraging you to grow up, I suppose. Oh, I miss little you. You were the cutest little pixie sized fairy."
     "Awe."
     "But I love the young woman you've become. I am proud of you for caring so much for your friends. But remember to take care of yourself."
     "I will."
     "Good. Now, is your homework done?"
     "Yes."
     "Do you have an alarm on for school tomorrow?"
     "Yeah."
     "Good. I will keep an eye on Elmo while you're in school. You watch over him while out of school."
     "Okay. What about dad?"
     "Your dad will do his best to map things out. See what we can get of the two locations."
     "Got it. I'm gonna go on a walk for now. Maybe go visit someone."
     "Why don't you go visit Gonigan? He might want a tour of the street."
     "Not a bad idea. I could use some quality time with him. I wonder if Zoey would be able to make it."
     "Wait a second, Abby."
     "Yeah, mom?"
     "We need to talk with her still."
     "I would normally agree, but as of right now, we don't need to drag another person into this. They actually might blame Elmo and try to hurt her anyways. I'll keep an eye on her."
     "Smart. Be on high alert too."
     "I will. The All-seeing-eye spell is constantly watching."
      "That's my girl."
     "Later, mom. I'll keep you posted."
     "Alright, hon."
     Alright, so I need to call Zoey and see what's going on there. I'll call Gonigan and see what he's up to.
     "Hmm? Speak of the Devil. Why is Gonigan calling me. What up-"
     "Issue, I have an issue."
     "What?"
     "I was walking down the street and on my way to see Zoey when I looked up and saw a guy standing there on the roof opposite Zoey's house."
     "Watch your back, Gonigan. I'll tell you about what's going on. Put the All-seeing-eye spell on yourself. She might be on watch by a third party."
     "Got it."
     "I'm on my way."
     I need to take to the sky. So Elmo must have told Zoey about what's going on. Now she's being watched. That's the only solution. Her house is over here. I see Gonigan hiding. Now where is the sniper.
     He might be hiding. Good thing I have a spell for that.
     "If my friends seem in danger, show me the problem and I'll fight with my anger."
     That spell always has a weird affect on me but I can see the sniper now... he's not on the roof anymore he's down on the street. Oh no he's going to her house.
     With that I flew down to where Gonigan was hiding and he looked at me with a face of worry.
     "Abby, you casted on yourself without your wand."
     "I know.  But there is a problem. Zoey is in trouble."
     "How?"
     "He's going to her door."
     "Oh no. Not gonna happen. Let's move."
     Whoa, I've never seen him fly so fast.
     "That guy in black is the guy I saw on the roof."
     The sniper was now standing in front of Zoey's house and he had something in hand that he was fighting.
     Uh-oh. I see the orange fir.
     "Hey, fucker!"
     Gonigan is cussing? What parallel universe did I just enter?
     The guy turned around and Gonigan slammed his fist into his face.
     "Don't you lay a hand on my friend."
     And my turn.
     I picked up the guy by the collar and held him in the air.
     "Tell your boss that if I see you near her again, I'll kill you. And that goes for anyone that works for him."
     And bibbety bobbitt bye bye.
     Zoey was on the ground holding her neck and while Gonigan helped her, I went inside and searched her walls for mics.