Chapter Three: Promises

Hi guys!! Were you excited for this update? Please tell me because that's the only way I know if you guys really want this story to go further...I promise you won't get disappointed because if you do start to get disappointed, please tell me in advance so I could stop and remove this from my lists....if you still want me to continue, please comment and like...more likes and comments will determine it's future so please do it!

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

____________________________________________________________

“Lucy…..”, Happy started.

“We need to talk”, Natsu finished with seriousness. Lucy was taken aback by what he said.

____________________________________________________________

Lucy’s Apartment…

“Alright, what is it?”, Lucy was seated on her bed.

“Can you be honest with me?”, Natsu asked.

“Natsu, that kind of expression is really unexpected for you to have”, Lucy sighed. “It doesn’t suit you at all”

“Come on, I’m talking to you seriously”, Natsu said.

“Aye. Seriously!”, Happy showed her the same expression. Lucy sighed again.

“Alright”, she said. “What do you want to know?”

“About the mission. Something was off about it”, Natsu looked at her sincerely.

“Don’t tell me….he knew?”, Lucy was nervous at how Natsu was asking her. “Natsu….”

“Are you really okay with it?”, Natsu asked.

“Eh?”, Lucy was taken aback. “A-a-about what?”

“About the mission? You weren’t called as a representative”

“Eh? A-Ahhh. Why won’t I? Master called those who he thinks are most helpful with this mission. Besides, I think it’s very dangerous for someone like me to be involved in”, Lucy sighed in relief. She actually believed Natsu found out about her “secret assignment”.

“But still…..”, Happy interrupted. “We want you to go with us”

“But you know the Master will not change his mind to the last minute, you guys are going tomorrow right?”, Lucy said.

“But you should have been with us, maybe Master had chosen wrong”, Natsu insisted.

“Yeah, he must have forgotten to call your name. We can’t leave you behind, after all you are our…..”, Happy wasn’t able to finish it.

“Friend and partner right?”, Lucy finished. “You know what? I really want to go with you guys too. I was so confident that I’ll be called with you guys but then…..I guess Master thinks otherwise”, Lucy said. “Maybe, I really am too weak to stand beside you guys”

“I don’t think so”, Natsu said. “Lucy, you’re not weak at all!”

“Thanks, Natsu”, Lucy smiled. “Can you do me a favour though?”

“What is it?”, both Happy and Natsu asked.

“Please make sure you’ll return safely. All of you”, Lucy seriously said.

“Alright……Then, you have to promise you’ll be waiting for us here”, Natsu answered.

“Eh? But what if Levy took me somewhere?”, Lucy asked.