- 22 -

The time had quickly come to go out on our run for supplies. There had been a slight change in plans as we now had a new tag along, Tara's girlfriend—Doctor Denise. I was briefly informed that she had insisted on going with us as there was a place she wanted to check for any medicine that may still be left at the building.

She argued with Daryl and Rosita till they gave in and had allowed her to come along, now we were currently loading up the truck we were going to take on our supply run.

After loaded up, a small issue had soon come to shown itself.

"There's only 3 seats" Denise pointed out as there were 4 of us going on this run. Daryl was already deemed the designated driver so that left the three of us to figure something out as the two females in front of me looked at each other questionably, almost as if they were having an argument with their eyes.

Rosita certainly didn't look pleased.

"I'll sit in the back, I don't mind" I said, almost in a whisper but was still audible to the two. They both turned to me with different expressions than one another.

"No-no you don't have to do that!" Denise began to interject but I had already put my foot on the back tire and hoisted myself up and into the bed of the truck.

"It's fine, really, I did this a lot as a kid" I assured the doctor in a soft voice who eventually gave in after a bit of thought. I watched as the doctor finally nodded to me and got into the middle seat of the truck, Rosita gettin in beside her.

Before Daryl got into the driver seat, he looked back at me.

"Do you want a blanket to sit on? The truck bed might be hot from sitting in the sun all day" the older asked but I shook my head.

"I should be fine" I said as I gave Daryl a warm smile. He nodded at my response and hopped into the drivers seat as I sat down and leaned my back against the back of the truck. The truck was soon started up and we rolled out onto the road in the direction we desired.

The weather was pretty nice as we drove away from Alexandria. It wasn't too hot nor cold either. I could tell there was a small rain shower just before as the air held a fresh smell, the ground just a little damp around us. The wind blew my hair lightly as we continued on the slightly bumpy drive.

It reminded me of camping back in my old town, we would drive up into the mountains to a lake we had come to adore over the years. The road up was always a bumpy one, rocks had littered the dirt road in no continuous patter, no method to their madness, making it unpredictable as to which of the following rocks would make the vehicle shake madly, or even cause one to fly up from your seat.

I let my head rest back against the glass behind me, shutting my eyes as I enjoyed the feeling. It didn't last too long tho.

Suddenly I felt the truck coming to a stop as I alertly opened my eyes and looked through the glass window I was previously leaning on.

There was a fallen tree blocking the road just up ahead. Daryl had stoped the truck and put it in park before turning the vehicle off all together.

"Stay here" I heard Daryl say quietly to Denise to which I could hear as well thanks to a partly open window. I turned my body around to watch as Daryl exited the truck with a weapons in hand, Rosita doing the same.

The two walked up to the tree with caution as I stood up in the truck bed to look over the hood of the vehicle, all the while I kept a close eye on their surroundings. I may not have had a gun nor would I want to use one in this case, but there was a firm bow and arrow in the back with me that I could easily access if I saw a threat coming close to Daryl, Rosita, or the truck.