- 3 -

My ass hit the floor sending my head backwards into the wall behind me making a loud thunk sound as it did. Dismissing any pain that may have followed, I pulled out my pocket knife and held it in between myself and the man standing before me.

"Stay back" I warned, however, the male payed the knife no attention. He looked down at me with a blank face before he spoke up.

"Carol, put the gun down" he said in a firm voice. Immediately, I turned to my left where I saw the older woman from before at the top of the stairs. . pointing a gun at me. I started to shake uncontrollably now realizing the life threatening situation I had found myself in.

"I said put the gun down" the male repeated with his voice raised towards the woman known as Carol.

"How do I know she won't attack you as soon as I do?" Carol questioned the male. He let out a frustrated sigh as he responded.

"She just tried to run away. If she was a threat to us then you'd already be dead" he stated. After a short, tense silence, the older woman lowered her gun. I felt a weight fall from my chest as she did. Turning back to face the male, he gestured towards me to follow him. I did as instructed and followed after him, but as I walked away, I turned to look back at where I once sat on the floor. To my surprise I saw red drip marks and a small pool of blood on the ground. Confused, I touched the back of my head where I assumed I had hit my head. My fingers met the sensation of warm fluid coating my fingers. Moving my hand back, I inspected the blood that stained my hands. H-how did I not notice? I questioned myself in my head. Lost in my thoughts, I was brought back to reality at the sound of a voice.

"Daryl!" A male voice had shouted as we walked out of the house and into the warmth of the suns gaze. I jumped at the sound of the loud voice. Ahead of us a male—who looked to be a cop—and a lady with a sword were quickly approaching us. As they came closer, the both noticed my presence beside the man known as Daryl.

"Is this who you brought back with you?" The male before me asked in a stern voice. I quickly hid behind Daryl at the tone of the males voice. My unexpected actions made Daryl lift his arm to look at me behind him with a confused look on his face. Currently in an unknown place, in this situation Daryl was the only one I felt I could trust. After all, he had saved me twice.

"Hey, there's no need to be afraid. We're not going to hurt you" the male who looked like a cop said after he saw me hide. I peaked out from behind Daryl allowing the male to introduce himself.

"My name is Rick, and this is Michonne. What's your name?" Rick asked me in a soft voice. He had lowered himself to meet my gaze as I was shorter than them. I found myself hesitating; unsure of what kind of people they were nor their intentions for me. Taking into consideration they had taken me into their camp, I decided I would.

"Y-Y/n, my name is Y/n" I stuttered out from where I hid. The two nodded in acknowledgment to my response.

"It's nice to meet you Y/n" Rick said. Seconds after responding, he seemed to loose focus as his eyes trailed to the ground near my feet. There were small red splatters littering the ground; blood.

"Y/n" Rick said.

"Are you hurt?"

___________________
Chapter 3: End