- 30 -

✨🎁 🎄 Happy Holidays 🎄 🎁✨
Not as long as the last chapter but will work on it 👌🏻
__________________________________

Daryl passed out seconds after we left.

In order to provide some comfort for the tired male, I laid his body down, and rested his head on my thighs. Desperately trying to avoided the looks of all the men around me; I brushed my fingers through Daryl's hair. I could feel the men's piercing glare as they looked down on the two of us with obvious hatred.

The ride was very bumpy and uncomfortable. I wasn't sure how long the drive took, but it felt like hours had passed before we finally came to a clear stop.

The engines of the vehicles were left running as the sound of men exiting the trucks could be hear around us. Upon the loud sound of metal doors slamming shut, Daryl flinched, and opened his eyes. He sat up from where he rested and looked at me with a tired glint. We both remained silent as we listened to our surroundings.

Movement could be heard around the vehicles before the distinct whistle of Negan could be heard walking away from our location. Negan began to sing a tune before some loud banging on what sounded to be a chain length fence made its way to our ears. Daryl and I both turned to look at one another dreadfully as gears began to shift in our head.

It became very apparent to where we were. . .

Alexandria

"Little pig, little pig, let me in" Negans voice sung with a raised tone in order to get the attention of the residents on the other side of the gate. The words that followed after were much quieter—making it harder to decipher—however, our ease dropping was cut short as the men within the vehicle began to shuffle around. They opened up the back door, filing out with Daryl and I reluctantly in pursuit. The two of us were brought around the vehicle—with Daryl keeping a watchful eye on the men handling me—and met the eyes of Dwight. He glared at Daryl as he dragged us over to the group of men gathered in front of Alexandria's walls.

Everything around me seemed to quickly become a blur as the shock of everything that happened clouded my senses. I felt myself become dizzy in the suns gaze, stumbling on my feet a bit. Daryl stood in front of me with Dwight beside him. The man put in charge of keeping an eye on me was positioned just behind me. Feeling my head begin to spin, I bumped into the back of Daryl. This caused him to turn back as I gripped his shirt to steady myself.

"You alright?" His husk voice whispered back to me as I tried to regain my balance. I nodded my head as I stepped back. In doing so, the male behind me yanked my caller, pulling me away from Daryl who glared at the males actions. From beside him, Dwight elbowed him to look forward; the male reluctantly doing so. When I snapped back to reality, the sound of the outer gate being pushed open drew my attention. There stood Rick with Rosita not far behind him.

The following words that left Negan's lips failed to register in my head as my ears began to ring. Rick, having stepped further outside the gate, turned to catch a glance at the two of us. Rick looked like he was in a daze with sweat pouring from his skin. Daryl probably looked no better than him. Eyes stripped of their flame, weak stance paired with eyes barley able to stay ajar, and dirty, tattered clothes covering his abused body. They both shared a look of defeat, having lost their will to fight for fear of loosing any more loved ones.

forced submissiveness.

I felt my stomach drop at the thought of what my newfound world was turning into. The freedom. . . the kindness. . . it was all slipping away; soaked up by Negan like a sponge. My ears began to ring again, but this time it was painfully loud. I covered my ears as I dropped to my knees. Everything around me became a blurred mess as my vision faded in and out. Feet could faintly be seen moving around in front of me. Familiar hands went to cup my face, but were quickly pulled away by force. My head dropped down, and I pushed my palms hard against my head—eyes shut tightly as the ringing felt like it was going to make my ears bleed.