- 16 -

By the time the sun had risen, our group had succeeded in clearing the building. I watched from afar as they emerged from the side of the building through the garage. They grabbed whatever they deemed necessary as Tara and another guy headed off first with a small Camper.

However, events played out differently on our end. . .

.• _____ •.

They alarms continued to go off, drawing more of the undead in our direction. Maggie and Carol were till arguing amongst themselves about how Maggie should stay back, but she continued to refuse. I walked a little further away from them to take care some of the undead heading towards the two so they wouldn't have to worry about so many.

"1. . ." I whispered to myself as i drive my knife into the eye socket of a fowl smelling walker. I began to count down how many I took out to pass the time.

"2. . . 3. . . 4. . ."

"5 and. . 6. . ." I counted after I had put my gun in the holster to grab my second knife in order to stab two at the same time.

"7. . . 8. . . 9. . ."

"And. . 10" I whispered as I finished off the last of the undead in my vicinity that I could see. I was getting ready to head a bit further to look for any more near by when I suddenly heard a gun shot sound from near by.

"Shit! That came from Carol and Maggie's direction" I cursed. I quickly started making my way back to where I had left Carol and Maggie, making sure to stay as quiet as I could. The closer I approached is when I began to hear unfamiliar voices. Carefully, I moved closer making sure to use the cover of the trees ad they unfamiliar voices grew louder. Peaking around the trunk of a tree, I saw Maggie and Carol surrounded by 3 females and a male who was on the ground seemingly shot. I was pulling my gun out when I was interrupted by the sound of a motor sounding from the direction of the satellite building. There I saw a guy riding out on Daryl's motorcycle as our people quickly gunned him down without killing him. Daryl tackled him to the ground and started punching the male.

Back by Carol and Maggie, the lady with the ugly orange hair could be heard talking as they had also just witnessed what happened at their base. I moved back to get a good view of the unknown group as I had a slightly higher ground on them. She grabbed a walkie talkie from the injured male. I carefully moved closer to hear them better.

"Lower your gun prick" the ginger spoke into the walkie  "you with the Colt Python, all of you lower your weapons right now" she demanded. Sending our team into high alert, they all began to look around upon hearing the voice over the walkie. Rick took hold of the walkie, speaking into it.

"Come on out. . . let's talk" he said.

One of the other females in the group asked the ginger lady "how many we got" to which she responded "8 in sight. . . too many" as she looked through her binoculars. The male on the ground tried his best to convince the ginger that they could take them on, however, she ignored him as she spoke once more.

"We're not coming out but we will talk" she said, turning to Carol and Maggie demanding their names. Hesitantly, Maggie spoke for both of them, stating their names as asked of them.

"We've got a Carol and a Maggie, I'm thinking that's something you want to chat about" she said with a smirk. "Now were gonna work this out right now and it's going to go our way" she spoke in a cold tone. Rick processed the woman's words as she grabbed onto the male they prevented from escaping.

"You can see we have one of yours, we'll trade"

"I'm listening"

"First I want to talk to Maggie and Carol, make sure there all right" he demanded in return. I heard a walker approaching. The other two women among the gingers group went to take care of the undead. Meanwhile, Carol and Maggie talked to Rick as he had asked.

From where I was hiding, I could hear one of the undead getting dangerously close to me. Shit! This is gonna give me away, I cursed as I slowly stood and drove my knife into the head of the undead steadying behind me. I went to grab the body in order to slowly bring it to the ground, but unfortunately I was only able to grab the arm which detached from the body. The rest fell to the ground with a loud thud drawing the attention of the ground. SHIT! I'm really fucked now!, I cursed to myself once more as I tried my best to move unnoticed back behind the tree. The ginger lady turned and pointed her gun in my direction.

"I know your there come out slowly you sly bitch" she barked. I was sure she was aware the tree cover was not thick enough to make a getaway on top of the undead still heading in our direction. I sighed to myself as I stood up and slowly moved out from behind the tree with my hands raised.

"Drop your weapons" she demanded. Slowly , I dropped my gun in front of me, and carefully pulled out my two visible knives making sure not to give the woman a reason to shoot me.

"Now walk down here and join you friends little girl" she said. I did as I was told, walking over to the two. As I passed the ginger, I gave her a deadly glare for inferring that I was a child.

"What's the hold up?" Ricks voice sounded through the walkie. The woman turned to me

"Name" she demanded.

"Y/n" I grumbled in response.

"Sorry about that, we had to deal with your friend Y/n, but let's get back to that deal" she growled into the walkie talkie. From the distance I could see Daryl's figure turn in the direction of Rick at the new addition of my name being mentioned.

"Alright this is the deal, let em go and you can have your guy back and live" Rick said.

"3 for 1, that's not much of a trade" the ginger pointed out, still watching them from afar.

"You don't have a choice, or you would have done something about it already" Rick stated confidently.

"We have to get him back" the injured male interjected desperately.

"Primo can take care of himself" she said.

"He can patch me up, I need him thanks to that bitch" he said turning to give Carol a hatefully cold stare.

"Lost your balls" the guy says "should have shot her in the head so they could hear her die" he grumbles in disapproval of the gingers call.

"If you could just shut up I'll solve this" the ginger woman fired back.

"Then make the deal or we go in" the male snapped.

"She said shut up so shut it" the older lady snapped back at the man, "you should be glade she doesn't have a sack of gonads to trip over" she said.

"Look I know your talking it over" Rick spoke over the walkie, "it's a fair trade just come out, we do this, we all walk away" he tried to reason.

"Smug Prick" the masculine looking female commented, "he must think we're stupid" she said with a scoff,

"That's a good thing" the other woman said.

"Do we have a deal?" asked Rick.

"I'll get back to you" the ginger quickly responded. She then ordered the other two woman to move on with their plan as they began to put cloth bags on our heads.

Well, that's just great. . . .

___________________
Chapter 16: End