A Plan

Marinette woke up early on Friday morning feeling excited. She and Chat had talked for a long time on Monday night about how to woo Adrien. She had a plan of action and was prepared to crush it. Chat had been very vague in what to do because he wanted her to surprise him when he came that night. He had given her 3 instructions: change up her outfit but include his hoodie; initiate more physical contact and make more jokes. She decided to wear a black patterned halter top that slightly showed her bellybutton with dark blue jeans and her usual black flats. She decided not to wear make-up because that would be trying too hard. She did change her hair though. It had grown out and reached the middle of her back. It was usually tied in red ribbons but today, she opted to leave it down and tie up a little of it with green ribbon. In honour of Chat, she wore a necklace she had designed a few months ago. For the finishing touch, she tied Adrien's hoodie loosely around her waist, but not before inhaling its sweet scent. She had time to spare but wanted to meet with Alya before class started. She hugged her parents, who definitely noticed her change of dressing, and began walking to school. 

Adrien had arrived at school a bit earlier than usual, anticipating what Marinette would wear. He hadn't expected to be so lucky - the girl that he had been crushing on had been in love with him for years? When he transformed back last night, he vowed to tell Ladybug that he would no longer pester her with his feelings because he had found someone else. They would always be partners but he just wasn't the right person for Ladybug.

When Marinette walked into the classroom, he felt his heart stop. He wasn't being melodramatic. She looked gorgeous. Her hair was like the sea, wavy and dark. He would gladly drown in it if he could. Her necklace and hair ribbon screamed Chat Noir. Her halter top rode up when she lifted her arms and the sight of her midriff was making him think things that were definitely not safe for school. Adrien felt his face heating up the more he looked at her. He really needed to look away before it got creepy. "Hey, Adrien, " Marinette said, a new confidence in her voice. Adrien found it intriguing and quite sexy. "Woah, Agreste. She literally said two words to you. Get a hold of yourself."

Mlle Bustier began the lesson but Adrien couldn't focus at all. His thoughts always seemed to go back to Marinette's outfit and how stunning she looked. He wished he was behind her so he could look at her without having to turn his neck every time and make it so obvious. Nino was the opposite of oblivious. He kept on nudging Adrien in the side and wiggling his eyebrows, which didn't make him feel any better. “Dude, did you see what Marinette was wearing? She looked so hot, right?!”

“Yeah, whatever Nino.” “When is this class gonna end..”

Eventually, lunch arrived and Marinette was immediately tackled by Alya. “Girl, I don’t know what happened to you but I like it. You’re finally wearing the clothes we bought together, saying hi to Adrien like it’s nothing, and don’t think I forgot about that necklace and ribbon you’re wearing! Who are you?” the blogger yelled excitedly. 

Marinette blushed a little and replied quietly, “It’s nothing really Alya. I just wanted to change up my style a bit. No big deal.”

“NO BIG DEAL? DID YOU SEE THE WAY ADRIEN WAS LOOKING AT YOU? WORK IT, GIRL! YOU LOOK AMAZING!” she whisper-screamed very loudly. Everyone in the locker-room looked in their direction and Marinette uncomfortably covered her face.

“Come on, Alya, let's go eat,” she mumbled as she dragged her friend out. On the other side of the door, Nino and Adrien were waiting for the girls. Just when Marinette thought she was done talking about her outfit, Nino brought it up again. 

“So dudette, new style, huh?” Nino asked, wiggling his eyebrows. 

“I was just saying to her that it was amazing.” Alya inserted. She then rubbed her chin thoughtfully. “Why did you decide to change your style, Mari? And why did you include Chat Noir?”