A Cookie

Thanks for reading my story! I'm really sorry again for the late update. I'm trying to write chapters in advance but I really just wanna skip the filler and get to the ending! I'll try to post again this time next week to give myself more time to write. Also, someone in the comments said that I had forgotten Ivan in the exchange list. Thank you for pointing this out to me because I though I had included everyone! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter. Something big happens!

Credit to @eden.daphne for the drawing.

***************************************

Adrien had a plan. It was a very good plan. He was going to find a way to date Marinette before the Christmas holidays if it was the last thing he did and the cookie exchange was the perfect starting point. He already knew that she was in love with him but her feelings for Chat were hidden. On Friday, he would go to her house, beg her to teach him how to make her favourite cookies and sweep her off her feet. He explained this all to Plagg when they got home but the kwami of destruction was much less enthusiastic about it than Adrien. “Listen, kid,” he drawled. “This is bound to go wrong. Believe me, I’ve seen many Chat Noirs try to woo their Ladybugs and most attempts ended with tears, intense drinking or hairballs.” Adrien cocked his head, almost like a dog, at Plagg in question. The kwami waved his equivalent of hands and said, exasperated, “Details don’t matter. What I’m trying to say is, be careful. Your time may not have come.” Adrien nodded solemnly and sat on his bed. Exactly 4 seconds passed before his grin appeared back on his face and he leapt up.

“Should I text her to make sure she has the ingredients?” he asked while pacing. He then slapped his head. “Of course she’ll have the ingredients! She literally lives in a bakery! Come on, Agreste!” Plagg rolled his eyes fondly and phased into the fridge to feast on his Camembert. He had conveniently left out one very vital piece of information: almost every single Chat Noir has ended up with Ladybug. But it was fun to watch Adrien squirm for a while.

Friday rolled around and Adrien was practically bouncing in his seat for the moment the bell would go off and he could go see his princess as Chat. Ms Bustier had barely dismissed the class before Adrien got up, dashed out of school, hopped into his car and started driving off. “Wait! I forgot to say bye to Marinette!” He braked, reversed, hopped back out of his car and dashed back into school. He saw Marinette walking with Chloe and Alya, a very peculiar sight indeed, and ran towards her. “Sorry, princess!” he panted breathlessly. “I’ve...got places...to be.” He grabbed her small face in his hands and pressed a kiss to her cheek, almost touching her mouth, and ran off again. “Bye, princess!” he yelled while waving behind him. Marinette was left with a bright red colouring her cheeks and her fingertips softly tracing the place where he had kissed her. Chloe and Alya both knowingly smirked at each other and linked arms with the blushing bluenette, leading her out of the school.

Night fell and Marinette prepared to get down to some hardcore designing or baking, depending on how inspired she was. Her parents were in Lyon, the capital city of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, for a large catering order and would be back on Sunday evening. Tikki had gone downstairs to get a snack but after half an hour, Marinette was beginning to feel rather lonely so she decided to call Alya. After a few rings, she picked up.

“Hey, girl. You ok?”

“Hi, Alya. I was wondering if you wanted to come round? My parents aren’t home and I’m starting to feel like a loner.”

“Of course! We can make some good old Dupain-Cheng snacks, yeah?”

“Sure, but don’t complain to me when you have an outbreak from the sugar overload!”

Alya laughed and cut the phone. A few minutes later, she burst through the bedroom door, laden with her overnight bag, movies and various hair accessories. “Hey, girl! You ready to get this slumber party on?” she asked with her hand on her hips.