A Hoodie

Thanks again for reading my story. This week is my birthday so I can't guarantee a chapter on Wednesday but I'll try my best! I had a lot of fun writing this and I hope you like it!

I own nothing but the story. All Miraculous characters belong to Thomas Astruc. Credit to Eden dpahne for parts of the cover photo.

p.s. All italics are for puns or thoughts

For the rest of the weekend, Marinette was a complete mess, much to Tikki’s amusement. The goddess of creation had seen many Ladybugs and with each one, love problems with Chat Noir. She did know Chat’s identity but wanted her miraculous holder to find out for herself. “Almost every Ladybug has had to go through this, Marinette. I’m sure everything will work out fine!" Tikki reassured the flustered teen. “And besides, weren’t you prepared to give up on Adrien a few days ago?”

“That was a betrayal, Tikki! I practically cheated on him!”

Meanwhile, Chat Noir was having the exact same problem as Marinette was, except Plagg was much less sympathetic. "Plagg, I'm a horrible person! I don't deserve to love my lady, " Adrien groaned. Plagg, completely fed up with the how dense the boy could be, took no notice of his distress.

"This is why I stick to cheese. Girls are too difficult."

"PLAGG! YOU ARE NOT HELPING!"

Monday came and Marinette woke up late, as usual. Tikki watched fondly as Marinette rushed about her bedroom. When the teen was finally ready, Tikki flew into her small purse and she bounded down the stairs, 2 at a time. It was a surprise that she didn't fall like she usually did. Bidding her parents goodbye, Marinette ran to school, determined not to be late for the thousandth time. As she arrived at school, however, she slipped on nothing in particular and fell on the floor. The floor was surprisingly warm and muscular and smelled like mint and cedarwood. Oh, wait. She knew that scent. Red-faced, she turned around to find Adrien's amused face looking up at her. "Woah, there Mari. A fall like that could do some real damage," he teased.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry I'm such a klutz I've probably broken all your bones and you'll never be able to do any modelling and you'll become homeless and your beautiful face will be all sunken and withered I'VE RUINED YOUR LIFEEEE!" Marinette rambled. Adrien blinked twice and roared out laughing. Marinette, more embarrassed and red than she'd ever been, held her face in her hands.

"Oh, Marinette. My beautiful face will survive." Adrien chuckled. "If you wanted to get on top of me, all you had to do was ask." Marinette looked up, bluebell eyes wide as saucers, and began to giggle at the laughing boy.

"Ewww Adrien, you perv! I had no idea how dirty-minded you were."

"Come on, let's get off the floor before we get really dirty, " Adrien joked. He pulled Marinette up with him as he stood up and was so close that he could smell her coconut shampoo. "Uhhh…" they both blushed and the fact that they were still holding hands was not lost on either side. "W-we should probably g-go inside, " Adrien stuttered. "Where did that come from?" he asked himself.

"Y-yeah," Marinette replied nervously. She realised how cold she was - in her frenzy to not be late, she had forgotten her coat. Adrien noticed her shivering and, like the perfect gentleman, took off his hoodie and pulled it over her head. Marinette, surprised by the action, protested "Adrien, I'm fine, really!"

"I insist. You can give it back tomorrow, or keep it. I-if you really want to."

Internally, Marinette squealed at the thought of wearing Adrien's hoodie for the rest of her life. "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!" She was brought out of her thoughts by the feeling of Adrien's hand on her lower back, guiding her to their classroom. Many heads turned at the sight, but most people we're excited that their OTP was finally starting to happen. Marinette was in heaven. She could die right now and be satisfied, no joke. Adrien, on the other hand, felt like he was doing the most natural thing he had ever done. With Kagami, everything felt forced and uncomfortable. Being here with Marinette felt so easy. He looked down at Marinette and grinned. She returned the smile and stepped closer to him.