A Reveal

AHH ITS THE FINAL CHAPTER!! I know this isn't a very long story but I'm really happy that I actually managed to finish it in 3 months! I hope you guys like the way it finishes. There will be an epilogue for this story. Since the start of self-isolation, I've had a lot more time to write so while I may not do another multi-chapter story, I have a few one-shots that I can upload if you guys want. Thank you all for reading my crazy story and I hope you like the final chapter!

************************************

Hi princess
You fell asleep so I put you in your bed
Hope you feel better now
See you tomorrow’

The note Chat had left Marinette was fairly normal. Thoughtful, even. But what mattered was where he put it - on top of the rose.

The rose he had given Ladybug.

The same rose that was resting on Marintte’s bedside table. And the last thing he had said was "See you tomorrow"

Tomorrow when they were supposed to reveal their identities to each other.

The second she saw it after waking up, she screamed, “SHIT!”

“LANGUAGE, HONEY!” Sabine’s voice screamed back from downstairs.

Ignoring her mother’s screeching, Marinette ran down her stairs and rushed into the bathroom. When she got there, she splashed her face with cold water and stared at her reflection.

“Chat Noir knows I’m Ladybug.”

Tikki phased through the closed door and chided, “Marinette! I know your face is beautiful but you really need to get ready for school!"

"Tikki," Marinette began shakily. "Chat Noir knows I'm Ladybug!"

Tikki's eyes widened and she exclaimed, "Finally! One of you has stopped being oblivious!" Marinette's jaw dropped at her kwami's reaction. "Now I just have to see if you can figure out his identity before tonight," she huffed as she phased back through the door. Marinette stared, dumbstruck, at the place where Tikki was a moment ago. Suddenly, the tiny red bug floated back through and demanded, "You better not fuck this up, Mari! I've got a big bet with Plagg and I've already lost half of it! Stupid humans."

"Tikki! You swore!" Marinette yelled, disbelief written all over her face. Tikki threw her kwami equivalent of hands in the air and stormed out of the bathroom. Utterly flabbergasted by how her morning had started, Marinette stared at herself in the mirror and whispered, “He knows who I am. What the fuck am I going to do?”

Adrien had a plan. It was a very good plan and hopefully, it would work better than his other plan. He was going to drop hints that he was Chat Noir to Marinette during the day. It was crazy how much luck was on his side: he was Marinette’s cookie exchange partner, he had almost every lesson with her today, Nino had offered to sit next to Alya for the whole day and MARINETTE WAS LADYBUG! Marinette being Ladybug was so unbelievably lucky that he almost wondered whether or not Plagg’s powers were fading. Or maybe her luck had just rubbed off on him. Either way, Adrien was fairly convinced that by the end of the day, things between them would, at the very least, be marginally better.

As usual, Marinette rushed into the classroom 10 minutes late. “Sorry, Mlle Bustier,” she huffed breathlessly.

“That’s quite alright,” the patient teacher replied. “Go sit down, you haven’t missed much.”

Marinette turned around as was about to walk to her normal seat but, upon finding Nino there, her eyes slowly drifted to Adrien. Her jaw went slack and he smiled nervously at her. She grimaced back and slowly made her way over to the seat. “This is going to be fun…”