A Problem

Omg y'all are too sweet for still reading this. I know I'm a bitch for uploading so late (again) but I'll try to ge better. Please bear with my endless stupidity. The chapter after this may be late as I'm still failing at writing natural angst (I don't even know if it counts as angst anymore) but I promise I'll try to write faster :p

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Marinette was over the moon. She had always dreamed of Adrien asking her out but her dreams didn’t hold a candle to the real thing. For the majority of the weekend, she had lay in her bed with a dreamy smile on her face. When her parents asked her to come down and help out, she nearly burned 2 batches of cookies because she was busy daydreaming. Even Tikki was starting to get tired of her exclaiming, ‘Can you believe he actually asked me out?’ On Sunday evening, Tikki suggested wearily, “Isn’t there anyone else you can tell?”

Marinette bounces up and said excitedly, “Yes! I haven’t even told Aly-“ she abruptly stopped and her smile vanished from her face. They still hadn’t made up and Marinette was starting to miss her. She made a mental note to talk to her BFF at school and mend things.

Monday arrived and Marinette made sure to get to school a bit earlier than usual, not really bothering with what she was wearing. When she walked into the locker room, she found Alya silently getting her things together. At the sound of the door opening, the brunette looked up but when she saw who it was she hastily closed her locker and made to leave. “No.” Alya looked at Marinette, astonished at the seriousness of her tone. Her small hand reached out to pull Alya down onto the bench and she continued, “We are talking about this. Right now.” Alya looked away reluctantly and crossed her arms over her elbows.

“What is there to say? You clearly seem to want to be Chloe’s BFF now,” Alya mumbled and the hurt in her voice was evident.

Marinette stared incredulously at her and replied, “Why would you think that? Alya, you’ve been my best friend for 4 years and I want it to stay that way! We need to work this out.”

“I didn’t mean that.” She sighed and raked a hand through her hair. Alya’s eyes slowly drifted back to Marinette’s and she blinked before bursting out, “I’m sorry.” Marinette was taken aback - she thought it would take much longer for Alya to apologise. “For everything. For accusing Chat Noir of being a flirt, for not hearing you out that night and for babbling everything to Adrien and Nino. I just…  don’t wanna see you get hurt, ok? After all those years of Adrien friend-zoning you, I wouldn’t be able to take it if you got your heart broken again.” Both their eyes began to water and Alya grabbed Marinette’s hands, tearfully pleading, “Just… please forgive me.” 

Marinette pulled her into a tight hug and mumbled into her shoulder, “I already have.” Alya’s arms wrapped around Marinette’s back and they sat in a tight embrace for a few minutes. When they eventually broke apart, Marinette grinned and said, “Now that that’s sorted out, I have something to tell you.”

Upstairs, in their classroom, Adrien was talking to Nino about an anime he had watched when someone screamed, ‘WHAAAAAAAT!’ Adrien chuckled and muttered, “That’s probably Alya after finding out I asked Marinette out.”

Nino went bug-eyed and asked, “Duuuude, for real?” Adrien nodded and Nino clapped him on the back. “Congratulations, bro!” Then his voice turned serious. “But, dude. If you hurt her, I will end you.” It made sense that Nino was protective of Marinette - they had known each other since l’école primaire. Secretly, Adrien thought it was pretty hypocritical since Nino was so quick to believe Lila over Marinette that time but he decided not to comment on it. Adrien nodded and Nino’s smile appeared again. “Good. So, what’s the plan?” Before Adrien could elaborate, Alya burst into the classroom, Marinette following slightly behind her.