An Exchange

Thanks for reading my story! You can find the image board on my Instagram called miraculous_mxngo. I've kinda been having a writer's block so I posted a bit late this week, just so I know I have chapters in advance. I'll try to upload next week but I make no promises! I hope you enjoy the chapter!

***************************************

On Monday morning, Marinette felt bold. After her conversation with Adrien, he seemed to like her sassy side, which rarely came out. She had also started designing a new line of clothes and wanted to show it off at school. On Monday she put her outfit together and straightened her hair. It dropped a bit lower than her butt and made her look like an anime character. She decided that was a good thing. She also decided to wear Adrien’s hoodie, just to placate him. As she buried her nose in it, she noticed that his intoxicating scent was beginning to fade. “Can I ask him to wear it without making it weird?” she wondered absently. “No. It is most definitely weird.” It was at moments like this that she wished they were dating already. Life would be so much easier then. Suddenly, another blonde-haired green-eyed boy popped into her thoughts and she felt decidedly guilty. She really ought to pay more attention to Chat; he had, after all, convinced her to go after her crush in the first place. “But hasn’t Chat become my crush?” Scattering away her battling thoughts, Marinette sat down and carefully applied a cat-eye and mascara onto her eyes. Deciding to be even bolder, she wore dark red lipstick and blew a kiss to herself in the mirror. She didn’t wear make-up often, mainly because she didn’t have time, but when she did, she felt like a queen. And wasn’t that the point of make-up anyway?

Tikki flew out of her mini-bed and her eyes lit up at the sight of her miraculous holder.  “Wow, Marinette! You look stunning! I’m sure Adrien will love it even more!” she exclaimed

Marinette beamed and replied, “Thanks, Tikki! I’m also gonna try and be more confident today, not just for Adrien, but for me too!” She put up a finger for Tikki to high-five with her hand (or the equivalent for a kwami) and grabbed a black purse. After hugging her mum and grabbing an apple and croissant, she rushed to school, already a bit late.

Already in the classroom, Adrien was eager to see Marinette again. He had never seen sassy Marinette and wanted to tease her about it. Nino looked at his best friend with an amused glint in his eye. He had suspected that Adrien had a crush on Marinette for nearly 2 years. Finally, they had a chance now that his creepy Ladybug obsession was over. Suddenly, the door slammed open and in came a very breathless Marinette. “Sorry I’m late, Ms Bustier,” she panted. As she pulled off his hoodie, Adrien felt his jaw drop and eyes widen.

“Holy fucking shit…”

Marinette was wearing a dark green off-the-shoulder top with black paw prints going diagonally from her left shoulder to just under her right bust. Her right shoulder was exposed and the fabric held together with golden straps. Her bottom half was just as amazing - she was wearing blue skinny jeans that hugged her hips and black ankle boots with a green and black kitty anklet. Even her light make-up just accentuated her natural beauty. Her hair looked so dark, silky and perfect - she looked like a goddess and Adrien would gladly worship her all day. “Jesus Christ, Agreste, you sound like a lovesick poet.”

When Marinette walked to her seat, Adrien felt a light touch on his shoulder and shivered. He spun around to look confusedly at her but she only smirked and winked. He activated tomato mode and quickly turned back to face the front. “Ok, smirking winking Marinette is not something we’re used to but we can survive ok! Agrestes always know what to do. Oh my god, did I really just say that? What is this woman doing to me? Wow, now Nino’s doing that eyebrow thing again. I really don’t understand how Alya puts up with him.”