V

It was already sunset by the time we got back to base. It seemed quieter there, people must have gone back home. Ryder and I hadn't talked about the kiss since it had happened. There were small glances and touches when we spoke, but nothing more. I don't know if I was grateful for that or not, but now wasn't the time to think about that, I had to get home.

Once we got to the main area of the base, we stopped. I decided to start talking first.

"Ryder, thank you for today. It was really nice hanging out with you, you are a good person to be around." I didn't know what else to say, but I knew he understood.

"Leiana, thank you for forcing me to climb that mountain today. Even though I hated it, it was nice getting to properly..see you and get to know you. Let's do it again sometime." He smiled and held my hands in his. He looked at me, in that moment I knew he meant it. He did want to see me again.

I smiled back at him and walked away. I waved at him and started heading back to the house. I could sense him watching me as I walked away.  He was such a dork.

I was almost at the door when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned, expecting to see Ryder or Poe or anyone else. Instead I was looking at Leo and his group of friends. Leo was the notorious bully in our class at school, I don't know how he is still here. I guess the only thing that gave him status around here was his way of intimidating and manipulating people into getting what he wants.

"Hey Leiana, what are you doing out at this time?" He said, smirking. God he made me want to throw up.

"None of your business Leo, what do you want?"

"Oh...I just was wondering why someone like you was hanging out with Ryder. You are a nobody, at least he has some talent." His friends and him laughed. They really did love the sounds of their own voices.

"You are an idiot, you have nothing to your name. I am a Solo you asshole! Show some respect!" I was standing really close to him now, I don't know what came over me. I never brag about my name but something in me just flipped.

He didn't even flinch, I wasn't intimidating him.

"Well..I may not have a fancy name like yours. But you still are a lowly pilot with no sense of the force. How does it feel to be a disappointment Leiana?" He poked me in the chest. I was shocked.

No fucking way he just laid a hand on me.

I blinked and then suddenly everything went black.
—————————————-

My head was throbbing. How the hell did I end up on the ground?

Everything was fuzzy. What happened?

I sat up and looked around.

Holy mother of god.

The land around me was destroyed, Leo and his group of goons were on the ground. My vision was still a bit blurry but I saw someone running towards me.

It was Ryder.

"Leiana!" He ran up to me and sat beside me. His arm hooked around my waist as he pulled me up a bit more. "I saw it..I saw it all. You took them down, you just stood there and in a second they were down. You never even touched them. I have never seen anything like it..you used the force Leia."

What.The.Fuck

No, no way that was it. I couldn't have used the force, my parents tested me. They said my midichlorian levels were low, almost non existent. They tried to train me. How the hell could I have used the force?