XIX

Leiana

Ever since I had that encounter in the cave, I have felt numb. Not like I feel nothing at all but its like I feel stuck. I have lost all trust in Issac, and to be honest I am having a hard time hiding it. I flinch every time he touches me and I can't even look at him without my throat feeling like its closing in on me. I have to try and keep my cover, but fuck I can't stop myself from cringing when he looks at me. Even though he is making me feel all of these negative things, I can't help but still hold onto the connection that we had. The stolen glances and secret kisses on the base, the way that we knew what each other was thinking before they even spoke. It was a quick and easy romance, I felt like we had known one another through generations, we were lifetime lovers. 

But how could I be in love with the idea of him, when I know he will betray me?

I had to clear my mind, so this morning I avoided Issac completely and went back to the cave. I need to get some help from my family, I needed them more than ever. The cave hasn't changed since I was here; its still dark and weirdly comforting. I lit up my lightsaber and held it in my hands tightly.  Once I got into the main area, I sat down on the damp concrete and closed my eyes. I placed my hands on my knees with my legs crossed and I took a deep breath. I tried my best to imagine the balance, the good and bad, death and life, greenery and decay. 

I took a deep breathe in; there it was, the force...I felt it. 

I stood up, an instant feeling of strength and peace overcoming me, I gripped my lightsaber tight and began to practice. 

After a couple of hours, my hands hurt and I was sweating, but I felt alive. I was practicing the basics right now, just trying to get a feel for the lightsaber and what it could do. It was scary to yield such a powerful weapon, but I knew that if I needed to escape here alive..I had to learn how to use it. 

I sat down, panting and breathing heavily. I had to ask for guidance from my family. I tried to focus again, laying back on the cool concrete. I started to chant quietly to myself  "Be with me..Be with me..Be with me.." , I closed my eyes and continued to listen to my own voice. Soon I felt a presence around me, I opened my eyes to see Obi Wan Kenobi sitting across from me. 

"You called?" Obi Wan said, lightly smiling at me. 

"Yes, I wanted help training for a bit. I need to know if I am doing this whole...lightsaber thing correctly" I said, laughing slightly at myself. I was so fucking awkward around Jedi legends apparently. 

"Of course, now stand up, let's do this" He said, standing up with me. 

I did as he said, I stood up and looked at him, awaiting instructions. 

"Okay, Leiana..Jedis stand tall and strong, like they know what they are doing. So back straight and feet a shoulder width apart." He instructed, I obliged. He continued "Now, Hold your lightsaber up high, shoulders slightly bent and facing away from your face..we don't want you to burn your hair off" I laughed and did what he said. 

"Perfect! Now you look like you mean business" He said excitedly, clapping his hands together. "We actually have to get serious now, let's train!" 

By the time we were done, I actually felt like I knew what I was doing. I felt grateful to learn from a legend...honestly I don't know what I did to deserve this. 

Obi Wan interrupted my thoughts, "You got this Leiana, remember to call me whenever you need me" 

"Thank you, I will I promise" I responded with a smile. We waved goodbye and  I made my way back to our hut to sleep, it had already gotten dark by the time I made it out of the cave. It was a long walk back, longer than I remember, but I guess thats what happens when you exercise all day. 

I made it back and saw that there was a light on inside, I walked to the door quietly to see why Issac was up. I peered through the crack in the door to see Issac sitting on the floor, writing furiously in a notebook. He looked...different. I shook the fears from my head and made my way inside. 

"Hey Issac, how are you?" I asked, trying my best to keep my voice from shaking. 

He looked up quickly and closed his notebook. He tucked it under the bed before smiling at me and standing up. "I'm good, I missed you today though...where were you?" He said, his tone changing a bit..he sounded mad. 

"Um..I was just exploring the island and lost track of time. It's beautiful, you should explore as well." I said, putting away my bag and laying down on the bed. 

I felt him lay down next to me, I tensed up as he put his arms around me. I could feel him smirk as he responded "I'll do that, goodnight Leiana...and never leave me like that again, okay?". 

A shiver went through my spine, my throat tightening as I said weakly "Of..Of course my love" 

"Good." He said, his voice was full of anger and sadness. 

I was too terrified to fall asleep, I needed to get away as soon as possible. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINALLY I FINISHED THIS CHAPTER!!!! 

Be proud of me guys lol, it took me so long omg I'm so sorry :(

I promise the next ones will come up soon! 

Let me know what you think of it so far, is she going to make it out? or is Issac going to pull something of his own? WE WILL SEE! 

Also thank you guys for almost 700 views on this story, it literally means so much to me. I started this story for fun and I honestly didn't think that this many people would care about my star wars story lol so thank you for feeding into my nerdy ideas! <3333333

Remember to comment, vote and give me feedback! 

Love you all so much, stay safe xoxo