XIV

I swear we were packed and ready to go in a blink, we were boarding the ship before I knew it. My parents were shocked but supportive, my dad was a bit hesitant but my mom convinced him to let me be independent. We had everything we needed; books, clothes, training equipment, and food. My parents insisted on helping us board, so it went by pretty quickly. I was just about to get into the cockpit when my mom stopped me and pulled me off to the side.

"Leiana, I am so proud of you for taking this step. Honestly..I am so amazed at the young woman you have become. I have something for you" She said, smiling and reaching into her bag. She pulled out a package and along with it a notebook. She handed it to me and nodded at me to open it. My hands were shaking as I untied the wrapping.

Holy shit.

In it was an actual lightsaber. A fucking lightsaber. I was in shock, I haven't seen one in years. My parents barely used theirs anymore, they kept them in a locked safe in case of emergencies.

"Wow mom..I-I don't know what to say. I don't deserve this." I said, almost on the verge of tears.

"No please. Darling, I have been waiting since you were a child to give you a lightsaber. This is your grandmothers lightsaber, She gave it to me when she trained me at the resistance base. I knew that one day I wanted to give it to you. I have my own now, this one is yours to use. Please take it, use it when you feel ready."

"When will I know if I am ready?"

"You will my love, you will. Now go back to the ship. Send us a message when you get there" She said, hugging me so tightly I swear she wasn't going to let me go. I smiled with tears in my eyes, I didn't want to let go but I knew deep down I had to. I let go, making sure I had everything before running back to the ship. Issac was inside the ship already, reading a book. I sat next to him, in the pilots seat. I put the new items in the back, then I buckled myself in. We were closed in now, the ship started up. Issac put down his book and buckled in as well, he looked at me and smiled a big goofy grin.

"You ready to go?" He said, placing his hand on my thigh, squeezing it slightly.

"Fuck yeah I am" I said, turning my head back to the horizon.

The ship started moving and before we knew it, home seemed far away.

We were officially on our own.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
We were out in space for about an hour, we had at least another ten minutes to go. We were sitting in comfortable silence, steaming glances at each other from time to time. His company was the best comfort, I would live in this forever if I could. All of a sudden I heard his voice, except his lips weren't moving. Sometimes I forgot I could hear his thoughts.

She is so beautiful, I can't stop looking at her. Okay..wait I got to play it cool. We are just starting this I don't want her to think I'm a weirdo. But..she is so fucking gorgeous.

"Issac..you are so sweet sometimes it actually kills me. How did I ever get so lucky to meet you?" I said, honestly it amazes me that I get to live this life with him.

"I don't know, but I am thankful for you everyday. Plus you are stuck with me now" He said, laughing and turning his head to me.

He really was so handsome, I was in a trance.

"There is no one else in the galaxy I would rather be stuck with" I said, smiling at him.

I turned my gaze back to the stars ahead. We were almost there, three minutes till landing. I started to shift the direction of the ship down, we were going faster as we hit the atmosphere. All we could see was ocean for miles, but in the distance there was a spot of green.

I smiled, levelling the ship. "There it is. There's the island" I pointed ahead, hoping Issac saw it too.

"Wow, there it is. It's... amazing" He said "I haven't seen this much ocean ever. It's unbelievable" He couldn't stop smiling, everyday I learned something new about him. He continues to amaze me.

In a blink we were there, landing on the island. I opened the cockpit and got out, my feet landing on the stones beneath me. I breathed in the fresh sea air, this was where I was meant to be. I turned back to the ship to help Issac unload our stuff. For the two of us, considering how much was needed to do this, we didn't have that much stuff. It only took one trip to bring it all up to the houses. All of them were kept up by the maidens who lived on the island, they kept to themselves as long as we didn't piss them off. We picked a random hut, directly overlooking the water. We dropped all of our stuff in a huff, the trek up here was harder than we anticipated.

"I-I can't believe we are here. We did it, we got here on our own. We are actually fucking doing this" Issac said, his breath heavy and ragged.

"I know It's amazin-" I gasped as I was pulled to the ground. Issac was laughing as he pulled me close to him. He was such a dork. I laughed along with him, lightly punching him in the arm. We settled down and just laid next to one another.

"I'm so happy Leiana, to be here with you. You make me so happy" He said, looking into my eyes. I smiled and kissed him.

"I never knew someone could make me as happy as you do, you are the only light in my life right now Issac" I said, kissing him again before standing up. "Now, lets go train" I extended my hand to him, he took it and stood up.

We were hand in hand as we walked outside, this was the beginning of something beautiful..I could feel it.
————————————————————————

Sorry I haven't been updating, school has been kicking my ass! Pray for me y'all

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, it was more filler to start the new way this story is going.

Remember to comment and vote 🥺❤️

Love y'all!!!