VIII

Issac
The resistance base was just as I had imagined, there was so much greenery and people actually cared about you. It was definitely different than the dump that I grew up on. I walked up to my friends from home, they were all huddled together, laughing about something. It was nice to see them so at peace and relaxed. I pushed my way through the crowd to greet them, smiling as I made my way to them.

That was when I saw her.

I tried to play it off, like I hadn't seen her. Honestly I don't know why but I was strangely drawn to her.

I had to introduce myself, I could feel her staring at me, probably wondering who I was. I turned to her, smiling. Time to turn on the charm.

"Hi, I don't think we have been introduced. I'm Issac Parthea, and you are?"

God she was stunning.

"I'm Leiana Solo, pleased to meet you Issac"

She extended her hand to me and I took it.

When we touched hands, a certain feeling ran through my body. Like there were a million butterflies in my chest. It was like we were..connected or something. I looked up at her, the look on her face showed she had felt it to. She let go, we smiled at eachother tightly, trying to break the tension. I turned back to my friends, trying to ignore her.

The day went on, and through it I felt drawn to her. I kept looking for her in a crowd, like she would be looking for me too.

What was up with me? I never went to this much effort to look for a girl, this was out of character for me. There was something about her though, it was like someone was pushing me to her. It wasn't her name that drew me to her, everyone knew about the Solos and their legacy. It was weird to be in the presence of all of this history and glory, I had only heard stories about the resistance. At this point in my life, I have given up trying to believe in the impossible, like the Jedi and Sith. It is hard to believe in something you only read about or hear about.

I was just walking around the base, trying to wrap my head around what was going on when I felt this pull towards something. It was like there was a wave of warmth that surrounded me. I knew who it was before I even turned around, and there she was. She was wearing an old resistance jacket, a black tank top and leggings. She looked..beautiful. I realized that I was standing there and staring at her like a creep, so I walked over to where she was. She was standing underneath this covering, she was standing back and observing everyone. As I got closer, she turned to me and smiled.

"Hey Issac, how are you finding things here so far?"

"Fine, it's much different than where I am from. There is so much..hope here" I said, thinking about what it was like back home.

"Trust me, it is hard to get used to. I moved here from Tatooine a couple of years ago to start school. It was a hard transition, but I'm sure you will find your way."

I could tell she was trying not to bring up what happened earlier, I mean..how could you even bring that up naturally?

"Thanks...so who was that guy you were with earlier? Is he your boyfriend or something?"

Fuck...way to be subtle Issac.

"Um..no he's not my boyfriend, he is just a close friend"

I sighed a breath of relief, thank god.

"Cool. So what do you do here?"

"I'm a pilot, well..more like a pilot in training. My uncle Poe teaches me."

"No way...the famous resistance pilot? Poe Dameron...he's your uncle, that's so cool. Is he as awesome as I think he is?" I laughed, starting to get more comfortable.

"He is even cooler than you think, I'll introduce you one of these days."

"That would be awesome, thanks"

She smiled, acknowledging my response.

After a bit of silence, I decided to make myself useful and go settle into my quarters. I said goodbye to her and waved as I walked back.

I hated that I didn't want to walk away.
————————————————————————
Leiana
Issac was having an effect on me, and I had no idea why. Well..I guess it had something to do with the fact that something happened when we touched. I shivered just thinking about it. I had to try to push down my feelings and confusion, I am sure it would interfere with my force training.

I decided to try to find Ryder, last time I checked he was heading home. I walked over to  his place, knocking on the door. I waited for a second, I could hear footsteps coming closer to the door. Then he opened it, he looked shocked to see me.

"Leia..Come in" he said, turning away from the door to let me in.

I muttered a thank you as I stepped inside. It was warm and cozy in his quarters. It was decorated with family photos, plants, and old resistance memorabilia. I liked it.

"Are your parents home?" I asked, turning to him

"No, they just left to go see if they could find anymore people from the outer rim that needed shelter" he closed the door and led me further inside.

"That's amazing, I hope they come back safely"

"Yeah me too" He said with a soft smile. "Now let's give you the grand tour"

He took my hand and led me through his house. It was the perfect size, especially for his family. He showed me the kitchen, living room, dining area, his parents room, and ended with his room. He took me inside and sat down on the bed. He patted the spot next to him, urging me to sit down.

"So..Issac is pretty cool right?" He asked, looking down at his lap

"Yeah he is pretty cool I guess, why?"

"I don't know, I noticed you two had a..moment or something. He really seemed to take a liking to you."

"Ryder, that was nothing. We were just being friendly"

"Well it didn't look like nothing..you looked at him all..I don't know. It looked like you two were going to start making out right there. Now that I am saying it out loud it sounds ridiculous, Am I crazy?" He asked, laughing a bit at his comment.

"Ryder, trust me it was nothing. You were just overthinking it, it is sort of ridiculous to think of." I sighed, placing my hand on his cheek and turning him to look at me "if I am going to be kissing anyone, it is going to be you"

I could see him blush a little bit, this boy really was adorable. This time, I leaned into him. He was smiling into the kiss, I could tell he was enjoying me initiating it.

We kept kissing for a while, rolling around and laughing. He never failed to make me feel better. He was on top of me when he pulled away. He put his forehead against mine, looking into my eyes.

"Thank you..for being so amazing" He said smiling and intertwining our fingers together.

I smiled back at him as he moved to lay beside me, holding me. We talked for hours, just laying there. It was nice to feel wanted by someone.

Even in this moment with Ryder, my mind started to drift to Issac. He was in my head, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I was starting to feel weird now, being in the arms of Ryder when I was thinking about Issac.

I hurriedly left Ryders place, making up some excuse about curfews and getting home. He waved me off, saying he will see me tomorrow. We left with a quick kiss and I was on my way.

Maybe Ryder wasn't entirely wrong about Issac and me.
—————————————————————
When I got back home, I made my way to my room. I quickly said hi to my parents before closing my door behind me. I took a deep breath, trying to calm down my racing thoughts. Why was this random guy effecting me so much? What was this..connection that I felt to him? I was so confused.

I made the decision to sleep off this feeling, hoping it would help me understand some of this. I went to bed, falling asleep with Issac on my mind.
————————————————————————

Remember to leave comments and vote! Love y'all 💕💕