𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈

You laid the list on your table with a thud. You all surrounded the thick record book that was laid on the table, curiously eyeing the thick material.

"Who keeps their records on a book where there's already technology? They can just simply type it in!" Hiro questioned, throwing hands in the air.

Honey shrugged. "Well, the hotel is quite a bit old fashioned. Did you see those paintings on the walls?" She squealed, "They date back from 19—" Gogo shut her up with a glare.

Gogo hissed, "Please. Don't start."

Honey only smiled sheepishly, "Sorry."

"How sure are you that this is it?" You eyed the dates, two times and flipped through the pages of the thick record book. "Is this really it?" You questioned, uncertain.

Fred groaned, "Yes! I made sure it is! I had a sticky note that had the numbers that we were looking for! And—"

Gogo cut him off, "You mean the date?"

Fred grinned, "Same thing. And I checked it twice if it matched! Here, I can show you that the—"

Wasabi put his hand on Fred's shoulder, "Fred, we get it."

Hiro placed a hand on your shoulder, "You should open it."

With unsteady hands, you opened the record book and scanned for the time he entered the vicinity. You bit your lip as your gaze followed your forefinger that was on the list of names.

You raised an eyebrow at the familiar names that checked in the place.

"What's he doing here?" You whispered out of the blue when you saw a familiar name.

"What? Did you find it?" You shook your head in reply to Hiro's question.

"No, it's just someone I know," you said, dismissing the matter. You kept skimming through the pages. Someone pushed your swivel chair for you to sit on as everyone piled behind you, eager to look at the details themselves too. You let yourself sit on the cushion of the chair whilst still skimmimg through the contents of the record book.

"Fred? Are you sure this is it?" You asked, doubting because the name you were looking for wasn't written on the list.

"Hey! I checked it twice! Like what Honey said!" Fred crossed his arms and pouted like a child. Honey placed her hand on his shoulder and smiled reassuringly at him.

"You did mention he's a fugitive, right?" Wasabi asked and you nodded.

"Yes, but we still haven't fully validated that claim so we aren't certain if he really is a fugitive. We still haven't hacked into the police data base," you leaned on your chair then placed your hand on your temple, your eyebrows furrowed.

"He wouldn't be using his real name if he was a fugitive," Gogo said and it was followed by a pop.

"She's right. It will be easier for him to be traced if he uses his real name," Honey stated.

"He would be completely aware of the consequences," Hiro said as he was leaning on your shoulder, you can feel the heat radiating from him which made the hairs on your neck stand.

You massaged your temple while your other hand picked on the side of your thumb.

A moment of silence ensued, then realization hit you and Hiro, at the same time. The both of you looked back at the record book and observed it.

"We can track down the time the guy checked in using the footage..." Hiro started. His finger tracing the time slots on the record book.

"Then we can narrow it down on the list, eliminating those that are irrelevant..." you continued for him, you craned your head to look at him, he also looked at you.