𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

Hindley drove the vehicle. And you can hear your mother laughing with your friends. Dylan was seated beside you, also silent.

A car zoomed passed your vehicle as your loyal butler maneuvered it through the traffic. You only leaned your head on the window, emotionally drained from just thinking about the short but painful fight between you and Hiro. You thought- out of all the people that you knew- he was patient and he could put up with you.

Ironically, the rain started pouring and it gently hit the glass window. You counted the raindrops that raced down the panel before the wind could blow it away from the car's door.

You remembered why you were in this situation, and everything you said from earlier heeded no meaning. It was void of any. It was nothing but empty words because the pain in your heart was unbearable. You couldn't fathom why it hurts this much. But it just does.

"I'm utterly sorry for my daughter's attitude for the past few days, Grace. However, she isn't in the best shape hence the fact that we're having issues in our household as of the moment. Though, I promise you that I will take disciplinary measures, and I will assure you that this will not happen again. Am I right, Rhianne?" Your mother turned to look at you, her gaze stern and serious. You nodded, your eyes void of any emotion.

"I am utterly sorry for my attitude, Professor," you bowed slightly, not making an effort to conceal your true accent, "I know that it wasn't proper, and that your school does not tolerate these attitudes. However, I wish to assure you that this will not happen again. I will learn from this mistake so that I can avoid this from happening once more." Granville looked pleased. She nodded once at you.

You turned to face Hiro, your emotions were guarded, your eyes distant and you heart locked in a cage, "And Hiro, I am sorry for my atrocious attitude," you looked at your friends, "and to you who I've bothered." You slightly bowed and stood up straight. Mask was fixed, emotions hidden.

'That's it Rhi. You're doing a good job.'

You wanted to cry, because despite the mask that you are impeccably wearing, your heart was aching, gnawing painfully at your chest. You took a deep breath as you stood up straight. And with each movement, you can feel Hiro's stare boring into you, trying to read you.

"H-hey, I'm sorry too," Hiro said. You nodded, "There's no need for that. I am responsible for your impatience and I understand that I was testing you. And I am sorry for that."

Hiro saw a flicker of emotion in your eyes, and he wanted to hug you, tell you that he was utterly sorry for his actions, his words.

It... hurts...

Seeing you being stiff, emotionless and like a person void of any spirit.

This wasn't you.

This isn't you.

The Rhianne he knows is a beautiful spirit. Genuine. Precious. Graceful. And Sensitive.

He wanted to say something. And just as he was about to open his mouth, your mother spoke.

"As an apology, I would like to treat you out for lunch," your mother said, eyeing each of your friends solemnly and apologetically.

"Oh, t-there's no need for that, Mrs. Earnshaw," Honey said, awkwardly smiling at your mother. The latter only smiled warmly at the blonde.

"Please, I insist. And there are matters that I wish to discuss with you regarding my daughter here," she gestured to you, who suddenly found the flowers outside interesting.

They thrived and bloomed marvelously, looking to greet the morning sun that supplies them of nutrients. They sprinkled the mundane green shrubs of color that lightened up the the entire plant. The wind gently blew on them, making them dance graciously to the wind.