𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

There were so many questions running around your mind. Yet each one of them is incoherent, unintelligible. You weaved your way around the tables, eyes fixated on the veranda. With each step you took, the restaurant seemed more and more suffocating, as if narrowing down on your airways.

You can feel the indifferent stares of the people inside as you fiddled with the lock, your hands unsteady, quivering. Your knees felt weak, the epiphany of the revelation was still getting to you.

You closed the wooden door to shield yourself from the questioning stares of the people. You turned to lean on the railing, sighing. The roof shielded you from being wet from the rain, the plants accompanied you and was ready to listen to your cries.

However, you didn't cry. You only stared straight ahead, not a single care in the world. You wanted to escape for a bit. The bay was just constantly reminding you of the vacation home near the lake, together with the fields that were filled with wild and colorful flowers.

You reached your hand out to capture some raindrops on your palm, the cold liquid seeping through the crevasses of your fingers, falling down on solid ground. You can compare yourself to rainwater. When someone doesn't catch you, or even hold you, you were going drop down to the ground and dissipate into a puddle. People will walk on you, cars will pass over you.

Until you're nothing but a single drop, only waiting for the sun to dry you up until you disappear.

You stayed like that for a good amount of time, just holding out your hand to catch the rainwater that's being accumulated from the roof, reminiscing on the memories and just basking into nostalgia.

That was until someone knocked on the door. Furrowing your eyebrows, you turned to look to whomever knocked on the door. You turned around to see a very familiar person, leaning on the doorframe with a small and sheepish smile.

"A penny for your thoughts?" He asked the familiar line. You took a deep breath and diverted your gaze to the falling rainwater. You can hear him close the door, followed by his steps that was slowly approaching you.

"I appreciate your effort, but please. I wish to be alone with my thoughts." He only let out a small chuckle before he leaned on the railing just beside you.

"You've been here for almost 30 minutes so I figured that I should come and get you," he eyed the plants that was hanging from the railings above our heads.

"You shouldn't have. Besides, I've gotten you into quite a lot so you're probably tired with dealing with me," you uttered, the cold rain kissing your skin as you reached out to capture the raindrops once more.

He sighed, then silence.

He silently eyed you as you stared straight through the hazy rain, eyes fixated on the bay. You can feel his heavy gaze boring into your skin.

You know he has questions for you.

And you have questions too. However, much more... infinite and indefinite.

The rain attacked the peaceful waters of the bay, causing movements, inducing circular waves.

You stayed like that for a few moment, until you couldn't take it anymore.

With a tone that was as cold as ice, you uttered. "Is there anything you want to ask?"

Hiro was taken aback by your sudden statement. Gaining his composure, he cleared his throat and answered your question, "Just one."

"Spill."

"A-are you—"

"Just spill it," you hissed.