Chapter 34

TW // dark thoughts

You let out a huge sigh, letting yourself fall on the bed. You had a long day, and the revelations from this day has really worn you down. You looked at the paper that you got from Aziel.

'What pandora's box? What file?'

You let out another sigh, covering your eyes with your arms. You were too tired to deal with this old feud now.

All this charade was tiring you.

You need a break.

You got up with one movement, leaving the paper on the bedside table's drawer.

Elizabeth was inside her room, still finishing up her work, munching on the dinner that you got from the cafe earlier.

Speaking of café, you didn't bother staying for the singing portion. You honestly felt that you weren't welcomed by a certain someone from earlier. The subtle digs were quite obvious, so instead of enduring her subtle 'I-don't-like-you-nor-want-you-here', you decided to just grab something for your mother and go home.

It was also kinda tired pretending that you were okay.

Still unchanged from the clothes that you wore earlier, you made your way up to the rooftop, wanting to catch the sun that was slowly setting in the horizon.

You pushed the door open and the wind welcomed you with its cold breeze. You slowly made your way to the railings, eyes mesmerized and full from the sun's rays coloring the horizon with pretty colors.

Little did you know, Hiro was standing on the doorway of the rooftop's door.

He wore a pull over hoodie, running shoes and simple pants.

Slowly, he crept up to you.

"Boo!"

You jumped a bit, letting out a small squeak.

"Hey! You scared me," you said with a small laugh to which he chuckled at.

"This is new," you said, eyeing the both of you— the familiar situation that you both were in, "usually you're on Hero duty."

Hiro grinned and shook his head, "Off duty today. Honey and Wasabi are doing the rounds for this night but I figured I wanted to give you a little visit. You were kinda... silent than usual earlier so I..."

"Oh," was all you managed to say. You eyed the sun setting in the horizon. You then remembered the reason why you were here in the first place. Your chest was heavy with all the emotions that you had built up from all the insanity that was happening in your life.

You took a deep breath in and leaned your figure unto the railing. "Hiro," you called out, voice small and seemingly tired.

Hiro could feel the vulnerability in your voice. He turned to face you, humming in response.

"I'm... I'm tired," you said with a sigh. Tears began prickling your eyes and you tried hard to hold them at bay. You couldn't meet his questioning eyes because you feared that you might break down once you see his curious irises, gazing to look at your soul. You didn't want to cry, no, not in front of him.

He stood there, waiting if you were going to say anything else.

You then turned to eye the sunset, the clouds were slowly turning into a darker hue as the sun takes a deeper dip into the horizon. You took a deep breath and tried to calm yourself.

"Hey, c'mon. You're almost seeing the end of your journey. Trust me, things are hard, Rhi. But you'll see the finish line and things will get better from there," Hiro said with a sympathetic smile.