𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐈𝐕

You laughed in triumph as you made your way out of the place. You tipped the bouncers, told them not to tell anyone that you were there. They exchanged looks and grinned at you, told you that there was no problem.

Your pockets were filled with cash. The win left a good taste on your tongue as you fixed the hood on your head. You grinned smugly to yourself, surprised by how you still haven't lost your touch. Though, it was only still a few weeks since you stopped. But that didn't matter.

As you turned, you came face to face with Hiro himself. Your eyes widened as he looked down at your figure with a grim look on his face.

"Whoops," you whispered to yourself and tsked, but despite that reaction, you were shocked with his presence. How did he find you?

He then glared at you and his eyes looked down at your hoodie's pockets.

"You've been botfighting, haven't you?" He questioned with a brow raised.

You overcame your shock as soon as he spoke. You glared daggers at him.

"So? What if I have been botfighting?" You retorted and Hiro grabbed your wrist and dragged you out of the place.

"We need to go. This isn't the safest place to be in right now," he said, his eyes fixated straight ahead. Ironic.

However, you being such a stubborn mule, you plucked your wrist away from his grip, causing him to let go of you.

Confused, he turned to look at you, "What's wrong, Rhi?" You didn't answer, instead, you just walked passed him and never uttered a word. And whilst you did so, he saw the frown on your face.

"Rhi, why are you acting like this? Please, tell me," he pleaded as he tried to catch up with your quick steps.

"Well, genius. How about you tell me," you sarcastically retorted as you walked on the sidewalks.

"Wha— Rhi, I don't understand— Rhi!" You crossed the road in a rush. Hiro placed a hand on his forehead and groaned.

Now he felt what Tadashi felt when he would pick him brother up from botfighting. But this time, it was Rhianne and you were being such a stubborn lass and it was building up his frustrations.

Hiro once again called, "Rhianne!"

You didn't turn to look back at him, instead, you continued your steps. You stopped in front of a beggar that had your symphaties. You already saw him before you entered the alley, concluding to yourself that you had to help this poor person.

His clothes were decrepit and dirty. His hand was holding the harmonica that was out of tune as he was slouched on the brick wall behind him. He played a soft melody from his harmonica, a soft and melancholic melody. Even with the harmonica out of tune, he still managed to make it sound beautiful. You felt that the melody expressed what he was feeling.

You flashed him a symphathetic smile.

He was old. Very old. He was also feeble and frail that you felt like one wrong movement from him, he was out. And the notion that no one cares about him just made your heart break.

Hiro finally caught up with you, he breathed heavily as he stood beside you.

"Rhianne, if you won't talk to me then how would I know what's wrong— wait what are you doing?" It took him a moment realize what you were doing. You knelt in front of the old man and emptied your pockets. The wads of cash that you won were as thick as dictionaries and the man's eyes widened like saucers.

"Young lass, I-I can't—" you shushed him.

"No, you need it more than I do. Buy yourself a house, clean clothing and a new harmonica, sir. You deserve this more, okay?" You handed him the cash and he thanked you, very grateful for your act of kindness.