𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

You calmly sauntered inside the restaurant, chin up and posture intact. Your poised posture managed to gather a few stares from strangers. Gogo came to walk beside you just as you were eyeing a beautiful vase.

"You okay?" She asked. You sighed and uttered the same answer that you kept chanting inside your head for the past few minutes, "I'm fine."

"Wow, your mother has some good taste," she complimented as she eyed the entirety of the vicinity that you all just walked in.

You laughed in return, an empty one, but nonetheless still a laugh, "Yeah. She has quite the taste."

Your brother was talking to the receptionist who was clad in a black and red uniform. The entire aesthetic of the restaurant was the Japanese Culture. With lanterns hanging on the ceilings that provided a beautiful lighting for the restaurant, carpeted floorings for the guests to sit on, short tables and expensive Japanese murals and decorations everywhere. And this wasn't any ordinary Japanese restaurant, this was a reputed one. You and Dylan visited this place before, and you could swear that it was him who suggested this place to your mother.

"Ah yes. The VIP room near the bay view area? Of course," the receptionist guided you to a secluded part of the restaurant. You tailed closely behind her, not wanting to converse in any conversation with anyone in general and Gogo was already falling behind, getting caught with Honey's pointing and history telling.

"Oh my gosh, guys. It's my first time here! I heard that they had these weird haunted Japanese jars that they put on display!" Fred exclaimed enthusiastically and Gogo only rolled her eyes as they others were utterly piqued and intrigued.

"I don't believe in haunted objects," Hiro interjected, and you could swear he was rolling his eyes. Wasabi started telling crazy tales about these jars.

"Oh, don't be silly Wasabi. They're nothing but rumors. Who knows, right?" Dylan said.

"Rhi," your mother started. Her eyes were fixated straight ahead as she walked side by side with you. You only hummed in reply.

"Did he say anything?" You stopped walking, confused. She looked back at you and gestured you to continue to walk. You did, instantly catching up on her. You were still eyeing her in confusion, eyebrows furrowed and mouth open.

She took a fan out of her back and gently patted your back, "Posture." You sighed and stood straight, her fan then patted the bottom of your chin, "Chin up. Show them you're strong, despite being hurt," you sighed and did as she told.

"What do you mean by your question?"

"Did he tell you anything?"

"I honestly don't get what you're trying to imply, Mother."

"What did he tell you? Did he tell you about..."

"About...?" You paused to look at her. She looked at your eyes, searching for something. Then, she only sighed, not wanting to push it any further. The receptionist opened the VIP section and your jaw almost dropped at the beautiful view of the hazy San Fransokyo bay.

"There you are Ma'am. The waiters will attend to you shortly to take your orders." With that, the receptionist took her leave.

You can hear Dylan thanking the receptionist as you and your mother sauntered inside. He looked at Fred, then he chased after the receptionist, "M-Miss! Wait!" He called after her and his friends just shook their heads.

You immediately got attracted to the view that was displayed outside of the massive glass wall.

"It's raining," your mother pointed out. You only nodded and she placed a hand on your shoulder. You turned to face her as she engulfed you in a hug.