𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

"I- Aziel?" You managed to utter as soon as you broke from your shocked state.

Hiro frowned, "He was the guy with you, right?"

You nodded, "I wonder what he needs from me."

Hiro scoffed, "Probably something bad."

You blinked and shook your head, "Kinda doing a bad job if this stranger that he hired can easily be traced. Anyways, I might need to arrange an appointment with him."

"What are you going to do?" Hiro questioned, his voice matching the same expression that he was wearing.

"I need answers," you said, gazing at him straight in the eye.

Hiro sighed and eyed you, thinking it's a bad idea, "No-"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Yes. Of course," Aziel replied. You can picture the smile that he was wearing.

"Okay great!" You said with a smile. You were peering down from the window of your condominium unit. The view of the city was absolutely amazing, especially during this early hour. The morning sun was peeking from the horizon, greeting everyone a beautiful morning.

"You called on the right time actually. I don't have anything to do today. I planned on sight-seeing but I guess that can wait," he explained.

"When are you leaving the city?" You asked.

"Tomorrow. I have to head back to New London for a business meeting in the afternoon. Don't want to miss that," he said with a slight chuckle from the other line.

"Okay, so since that's already settled... I expect to see you later?"

"Of course."

From that, the call ended. You placed your phone on your bed and sauntered back to the window. You hugged yourself and eyed the place, basking in the silence.

You then thought of your mother. She was still staying in your condo, sleeping. Constantly doing chores and cooking for you. However, she was also checking in the daily reports from the company and was often seen with her laptop, drinking tea.

You then sighed. It was a bit too late to go back to bed so you decided to carry on and start with your day. You then turned to walk towards your bathroom to begin your morning routine.

You wore a simple cami top tucked into a denim skirt that ends just below your knee. You also decided to wear heels for today. For now, you need to ditch your usual comfy clothes. You have to look decent because you're talking to the son of one of the most prominent business man in the industry.

You took a purse and placed your phone inside. You wore a watch and a necklace to seal up the look. You eyed your reflection in the mirror and smiled a bit, satisfied with your choice of clothing.

Grabbing your makeup brushes, you then sat on your vanity table to add color to your face.

As you were putting on your blush, your mind couldn't help but wander to your mother. She asked you to promise her not to meddle with this. However, you didn't say you would stop, you didn't say the word. And she knew better that you'd keep pushing despite her warning on you.

'...Gen knew a lot.'

She knew too much? Your brush stopped midway and you couldn't help the staring competition with your own reflection- her eyes showed the hurricane of emotions that you tried hard to keep at bay.

But what do they mean 'too much'? Was that why she was...

You took a sharp inhale of breath. You stopped thinking of that because it required so much of your mental capacity and you have to stop before it drains you.