3. Dreams

Eiji POV
I wake up the next morning to the sun shining brightly into the room. I look around confused as I remember where I am. I look down to see that I am still holding Ash's hand. I give it a slight squeeze as I shut my eyes trying to restrain the tears that are threatening to fall.
"Ash wake up." I whisper quietly still holding my eyes shut. I know he probably can't hear me, but I can't help but try.

I start to get up to walk over toward the window to look out at the city, when I feel my hand being squeezed. I turn around to see Ash holding my hand even though he is still out cold.
"Ash." I yelled hopefully, but there was no response and his hand went limp once again. It must've just been my imagination. I think to my self as I turn back around and head to the window.

I take in the city before me, and it looks so foreign to me. Without Ash the streets seem dull and void of the once beautiful colors they had before when I saw it with him. I can't help but wince as I think about what the world would be like without him there. Dull and empty, would I even be able to go on without him by my side? Could I ever move on if I were to lose him. Probably not... I never realized just how much I really needed him in my life until now.

Please don't go. I think to myself as tears flood my eyes. I give up trying to hold them and back and I slide down the wall as they roll down my face and I bring my knees up to my face and cry. And before I know it I fall back to sleep while I sob.

*Eiji's Dream*
"Eiji?" A voice calls to me. I look up to see Ash hovering above me. He is dressed in a hospital gown and is crouched over me with a worried look on his face. I gaze up at him with a surprised look on my face and I feel a grin creep onto my face.
"ASH!" I yell as I leap up and into his arms. I wrap my arms around him and he does the same to me.

We laugh and I begin to cry, but now their tear of joy.
"Your back!" I yell smiling through my tears. He chuckles at my excitement and steps back and looks into my eyes. And leans toward my ear and begins to whisper
"Yes, and I'm never going to leave your side again. I love you Eiji Okumura."

I feel myself beginning to blush as he moves away from my ear.
"Ash," I whisper in a loss for words. He then swoops in and kisses me. His lips are so soft and warm. I never want the kiss to end.
"Eiji."
"Eiji." I look around confused but no one is calling my name.
*End dream*
"Eiji." I hear as I pull myself out of my dream and jump up and spin around. I see the doctor looking at me with a concerned look on his face.
"Are you alright mr. Okumura?" The doctor asks moving one of his eyebrows upwards in a confused manner.
"W-what." I stammer trying to focus back on reality.
"I came in and you were hugging your knees to your chest and speaking incoherently. I just wanted to make sure everything was ok."
"Oh." I reply embarrassed
"Y-yes I'm fine, sorry sir." I stammer
"It's quite alright." He says chuckling, "I had to come in to check mr. Aslan's vitals."
"How's he doing?" I ask hopefully
"He's strong, we didn't expect him to make this much progress in such a short amount of time, but he's already showing signs of consciousness. He should be able to make a full recovery soon." He says walking toward the door while giving Me a reassuring smile.

I sigh in relief. He's going to be ok. I think to myself as I walk back over to the side of Ash's bed with a soft smile on my face. I grab his hand and rub my thumb against his smooth skin as I bring his hand up to my lips and plant a small his in the center of his hand. I cup his hand between mine and and stare at his peaceful face. Before I even realize what I'm doing I plant a soft his on his cheek and begin running my fingers through his soft blonde hair.