Chapter 1: staying with Auntie Elsa..

I was at my Auntie Elsa's place for the week. I didn't know why. Was it to do with my powers? I knew my parents loved me. But sometimes I couldn't help but think I would be sent away for good. But I did enjoy it in Northuldra.

Today, I sat as my Aunt Elsa was showing me things she could make out of her ice.

"That's cool!" I exclaimed as she made a small statue. "What is that meant to be?"

"A castle, Darling!" Auntie Elsa smiled.

I smiled back, feeling that I wasn't the only one with the powers. But why did I get them? I sighed and rubbed at my eyes. I was getting a slight headache.

"Adelade, sweetheart?" Auntie Elsa stopped and stared at me. "Is anything wrong?"

I shook my head. "Just feel alone at home"

"What do you mean?" Auntie Elsa stared at me with a caring expression.

I tried to form what I wanted to say in my head. "It feels like ... er ... I don't belong. But, I know I belong there."

Auntie Elsa sat beside me and gave me a hug. I love her hugs.

"Adelade," she said gently. "Your mommy and daddy are proud of you. You are just ... different."

"Different?" I felt confused.

"You can't help it. But, you are a special girl," Auntie Elsa explained.

I stared at her. "But I don't get it, Auntie Elsa. how am I special?"

Auntie Elsa hugged me close. "Because I was in the same position as you."

"Er ... what do you mean?" I asked.

"Hm ... how to explain this?" Auntie Elsa pulled a thinking face. "You know you and Kanron sometimes fight and sometimes play together?"

I nodded.

"Well," Auntie Elsa sighed. "That's how I and your mommy were!"

"Were?" I questioned.

"We were always together," Auntie Elsa continued. "Well, that was until one night. But let's not go there!"

"Oh, okay," I sniffled.

"Let's change subject, shall we?" Auntie Elsa ruffled my strawberry blond hair. "How's your vision today?"

"Settled." I nodded. "But blurred at the same time"

"What can you see?" Questioned Auntie Elsa.

"I can see you and the ice and snow," I said. "But I can't see much colour today."

Auntie Elsa stared into my brown eyes. "You look so like your mommy!"

"I guess," I sighed.

I developed my dad Kristoff's brown eyes. Everyone thinks that I am a mix of my parents. I had mom's hair and built. But I had dad's eyes. My hair was down today. But I would usually wear it up in a french braid.

""Adelade," Auntie Elsa pulled me out of my thoughts. "What's wrong, really?"

I stared at Auntie Elsa. "Mommy told me off the other day because I was upset!"

I felt tears building up. Auntie Elsa held me close.

"Oh, darling!" She said gently. "Mommy didn't mean to yell at you."

"But, why did she?" I felt sick.

She's just worried about your mental health," Auntie Elsa reassured me. "That's all."

I nodded. "I was upset about leaving her for the week."

"Why?" Auntie Elsa sounded taken a back.

"Not that I don't want to be with you," I admitted. "However, I miss them, too!"

"Your mommy misses you, too!" Auntie Elsa let me cry into her. "We write to one another."

I felt something ruffle my hair and looked up. "Oh, hello, Gail."

Gail, the wind element was there. Was she listening to us?

"Auntie Elsa," I said. "Looks like Gail has something for us."

Auntie Elsa giggled. "Hi, oh yes. A letter.  From Arendelle?"

Gail put a piece of parchment in her hand and left us. I stared at her. Was I about to find out why I was sent away?

***

A/N:

Here's chapter 1. I hope you enjoyed it. It was edited on 4Th March 2024

Find out what happens next in chapter 2.